The first of the bills started coming in ALREADY for Nathaniel's life flight and hospital stay. We got the life flight bill yesterday and after I caught my breath over the cost of the flight, I couldn't help but laugh when I saw on the page a note that said, "Thank you for letting us serve you." For real? Were they serious? I laughed again just thinking about it. As if we had a choice. As if it was a joyful thing to let them serve us. I guess technically I could have told them I didn't WANT their service. But really, they were the only one's that could get Nate to where he needed to be to get the help he so desperately needed. So it wasn't like I was going to tell them never mind, I don't want your service. I just thought it was a funny thing to read on a billing statement for a life flight trip. I guess I could look at it from a romantic point of view... it was the first time Thayne and I have flown together! And we did have 2 babysitters to watch the baby as we took our first flight together. And we had our own private pilot. Even if he doesn't like the Dallas Cowboys! And we did have door to door service, even if it WAS in an ambulance instead of a limo. But it does seem sort of silly and ridiculous to say "thank you for allowing us to serve you" when you really don't have a choice and would really prefer to never have that type of service rendered! Maybe they say that to soften the blow when they give you a bill for $11463.35 for the ride of your life. Did I mention that it cost $6673.20 for the mileage??? Thayne doesn't get paid that kind of mileage for work! For 201 miles. WOW! And I thought gas was expensive here! :)
Seriously, the crew was great and they brought a lot of comfort to me while we were worried about our little man. But you have to admit it just seems odd to have them thank us for letting them serve us!
5 comments:
!! Wow, did that help? Them saying thank you? That is a little odd I agree. That is some serious mileage. I guess they can charge you whatever they want because, as you said, it's not like you're going to call around and see if you can get a better deal...
Kim we can tell how tired you are hehe. Its actually about 33$/ mile. One thing though is that 200 miles one way? Also was it a helo or a plane?
I agree! Completely crazy! I'm glad everything is getting back to normal!
Dang...I'd have asked where my in flight movie and meal was...
(big hugs)
I've been trying to call you but I never get you. Hope everything is continuing to get better and little Nate is improving.
That makes it sound like it was a concierge!
Post a Comment