I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Monday, January 2, 2012

Too many trips to Utah...December catch up!

I feel like we have had to run back and forth to Salt Lake almost as much as we had to when I was pregnant... no I am not pregnant, let's not start any rumors. I mean I would love to be able to have a dozen more kids but that's besides the point! No, this time we have ran back and forth for Thayne. Last December, in 2010, he had back surgery. Strangely enough, unlike the first surgery he had, he never really found relief. He went back to the dr several times but never did get any kind of satisfactory answers. Last year when he tried to get into the dr that did the first surgery, they were just booked with no openings until several months into the year. But he was desperate, and decided to try calling again. This time they were able to get him right in. The difference between the doctor he saw here, and the doctors over there is like night and day. It is AMAZING.

So, we now have surgery scheduled for January 17th... and hoping and praying that this surgery works as well as they are hoping it will. We NEED it to work. The other option, a two level fusion, does not sound fun! Hopefully they can just remove the ruptured part of the disc off the nerve it is crushing and he can be back to himself very, very soon!

We did manage to walk through Temple Square while were there for one of the appointments. It was beautiful and we were grateful to be able to walk around and enjoy the beauty and the good feeling that was there. Thankfully they had decided to try an epidrual block to help with the pain. They didn't think it would help at all, but it did and walking was not horrible for him at all that night!





I LOVE Temple Square at Christmas Time (well, I love it anytime, but especially at Christmas time!)



Ready for the shot to see if it would help take away some of the pain... last time he had it many years ago it hurt so horribly he couldn't stand up, so he is a little bit afraid. But it worked MUCH better than they anticipated!


No comments: