November 1, 2012
I love the Thankful Challenge every November, and have been thinking about what I am thankful for since I woke up this morning. Today, as I worked in the office with Thayne I decided that my first thankful day would be how thankful I am for the opportunity to work with my husband to build a dream! That I get the chance to work with him makes it all the more wonderful. The fact that the owner is one of the most gracious, good men we have known makes it all the sweeter and I can't wait to see where this adventure takes us!
November 2, 2012
Today I am grateful for the opportunity to be a mom. I know the blessing it is and do not take it for granted, knowing how some ache for that blessing. I am grateful for what being a mom has taught me, for all that it has given me, and for how it has fulfilled my every dream. I am grateful to be loved by some of the most incredible human beings ever born to this earth. I am grateful that every...
day they give me a million things to smile about, and sometimes a million reasons to cry. I have learned to appreciate the good, and the bad... I learned that it is possible to love so much your heart feels like you can't contain it all. I have found joy as they learn to fly and I love their attitude and zest for life! Being a mom was my only dream. I didn't have a plan B. I count my blessings every single day for that!
November 3, 2012
Today I am grateful for the ability to work, and the desire to do it. We spent the day working on the office and I felt very grateful that we find joy in working, especially towards accomplishing a dream. As I painted and scrubbed and cleaned I thought of the story of the Little Red Hen. I think that too often we all want the fresh cooked bread, the end result, without being willing to gather, grind and bake...without putting forth the necessary effort. I am especially grateful for the opportunity to work beside my husband, and watch how things come together! My feet ache, my back hurts and my neck is in pain, but it felt good to get so much done!
November 4, 2012
Today I am grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I'm a Mormon. I know it. I live it. I love it! I love the peace it brings in a world that is often less than peaceful. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so very thankful for what that does for my family.
November 5, 2012
Today I am grateful for the kids I gained through marriage. Matt, Tiffany and Caitlyn have blessed our lives in more ways than I could ever put into words. I appreciate how they love my children, how they honor their marriage and how much they love the beautiful grandchildren they have given us.
I want you all to know that you are as precious to me as my own kids and that I love you and thank Heavenly Father every day that you came into our lives.
November 6, 2012
Today I am grateful for amazing kids who are willing to step up and help us as we are getting the shop and office ready to go. Thanks! You guys are amazing!
November 7, 2012
I am thankful thankful today that I had the opportunity to sub in seminary. Thanks Connie for asking. We have some amazing youth.
No comments:
Post a Comment