I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Monday, January 21, 2013

Celebrating Jax

I think Candice has waited her whole life to be able to celebrate her baby's first birthday!  Which meant a couple of celebrations.  They actually got to spend his first birthday with his birth mom which is pretty neat, and then we had another celebration with our family here.  It's so amazing to watch all of these babies growing up together and to see the joy that they bring to our entire family.  I know we shouldn't have to find reasons to be together but it seems like everyone is so busy with work, church callings, kids and life in general, we have decided that we will find reasons to get together.  Jax's birthday was one of them!

He's one!  He's adorable, and he is such a cherished part of our family.  I don't think there is one of us that can watch Shalum and Candice with him and not smile, with our hearts full of gratitude that they have this little boy to call their own!



Pictures are in no particular order because for some reason I can't move them around.  But the simple fact that I can FINALLY get on my blog makes me happy enough to forgive blogger!


 Uncle Shayne is teasing... or is that cheesing with Kailee and Isaac!
 My sweet Isaac always has a smile for me.  As soon as he sees I have a camera he starts grinning!
 Uncle Shayne and Jax
 Gabriel and the dancing chicken
 I think Candice had as much fun opening presents and Jax did... maybe even more!
 Sweet Sariah
 Proud daddy and his big boy!
 Isaac feeding his uncle Noah some pizza!
 Noah looks like he is saying, "What?  I'm his uncle, he SHOULD feed me!"

 Best thing in the world is to watch these boys play together.  It makes me so excited, and a little afraid of what the future is going to hold for them.  Will this be a repeat of my 'bandit' boy days gone by???
 I seriously... seriously love this face!  
 Jax loved his cake!  Really loved it!  The only thing he had a problem with was when he grabbed a huge scoop of ice cream up in his hand and about half way through it he realized it was REALLY cold.  The look on his face was priceless.  He didn't know if he should be mad, or sad that somebody let him hold cold ice cream without warning him!
 I swear kids are born with the ability to know how to use modern technology.  Sariah was going to take a picture of me because I was taking a picture of her!
 Noah just wants the decorations!

2 comments:

Beau Brummie said...

how come you never mentioned kimi was pregnant again and have not mentioned the birth of your grandaughter maelynn?

Living My Dream said...

I'm getting there... I was having problems with my blog and couldn't update it but since we have it figured out, I am just working slowly to get it all caught up! :) trying to work and keep up with everything else has left me a little ragged! :)