I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Saturday, November 9, 2019

Hayden and Wyatt graduated together!

I am quite certain the school was more than a little bit excited to get these two boys out of there!  In fact that will likely be the last of our kids to graduate from that high school because so far the rest of the kids have decided to homeschool through high school.  I can't say I feel bad about it.  I had quite honestly come to believe that getting Hayden through high school would be next to impossible.  We pulled him out the end of his freshman year after some serious issues with a couple of the teachers.  We had tried everything and hoped that homeschooling with be beneficial to him.   But he was a square peg in a world full of round holes.  We pushed and begged and prodded him in hopes of him doing the work.  That boy just didn't fit any molds and he wanted to do things his way.  So Thayne put him to work, mostly to keep him near and help him figure out what he wanted to do with his life.  He left his freshman year with, I think it was 4 credits.  Despite his brilliance.  I felt lost for the next couple of years trying to figure out how hard to push.  The beginning of what would be his junior year, he met a teacher that was running a new program to help kids like Hayden finish high school. Within a few short weeks he moved through his freshman and sophomore year and by his birthday we learned that he would be graduating a year early.  Which meant he and Wyatt would be graduating together.  Poor Wyatt.  Not only did Hayden get to walk with him, but since his name started with an H, he would be receiving his diploma ahead of him!  If I was going to lose Hayden a month later, I am forever grateful that I got to watch those two boys walk together and receive their diplomas together.  I think maybe Wyatt may have been annoyed when he first found out.  But I know he is grateful now that he got to share that night with his brother.  They were two of the three original bandit boys.  They were the best of friends and enemies at times.  But they got this night together.  It will always be one of my best memories.  I was so happy that night.  I love these boys so much.  It wasn't easy to get here, but they did it, and I am grateful they did!











No comments: