I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Friday, December 9, 2011

Happy 5 month birthday



Happy 5 month birthday little man. 5 months... Such a small amount of time in the eternal scheme of things. Yet in the first 5 minutes of your life it was like you had always been ours. Like the puzzle was missing a piece so important that it simply could not be completed without you... And while some on the outside, trying to look in think that we had enough, they simply do not understand that we did not have enough, because we did not have you. They could not understand what we always knew... Our life would lack something until we had you. You have blessed our lives in a million little ways. You were sick all week. Each day when the kids walk into the house they immedietely came to us, and each one reached out to touch you. They needed to check on you before they did anything else. It is hard to even hope to explain to people who wonder why we want so many children. How do you explain something you can't understand with the mortal mind? We seemed to know what we would be missing without you. Now, here you are. A child I prayed for, an answer to those prayers.


Slow down time... Do not move so quickly. Because he is my 16th, I know all too well that 5 minutes all too quickly moves to 5 months, and then 5 years. And then to 15. And on and on. But for right now I want to breathe in your sweetness. I want to cherish each moment of my baby. All too soon you will be running to catch up with the others. So tonight, just be content to sleep in my arms. Just for tonight be safe in my arms and let me look down at your precious face and memorize how you look when you yawn and stretch. Let me pretend that I will always be able to protect you and fulfill your every need. Because I understand that when I blink, you will have grown and your only need from me will be the support to let you fly.


Good night sweet boy. Happy birthday... Thank you for healing my heart.