Years ago we promised Candice that we would make sure she had a huge baby shower when she had a baby!!!! It is something I could hardly wait for over the years. I still smile every single time I think of them finally being able to adopt sweet Jax. It is amazing how the faces he makes looks just like his dad... my sister said her son saw a picture of him and said, "Wait, I thought you said they adopted the baby!" It's like he was always meant to be Shalum and Candice's baby!!!
So her mom planned a shower and I got to help. Candice has the same bedding for Jax that I have for Noah.... Noah's Ark! I asked my friend Rana is she would make the cake for the shower. A Noah's Ark cake, to match the bedding, and the invitations. I knew she was good, and I was almost as excited about the cake as I was about the shower. It turned out AMAZING!!! The shower was great, it was fun to see so many people come to celebrate this baby! I look at the joy that just beams from Candice and Shalum's faces and I am overwhelmed with happiness for them. Candice radiates absolute JOY! Shalum is the typical proud papa and will tell you all about his boy! Adoption is the greatest, most unselfish gift that is blessing so many livess!
Congratulations Shalum and Candice!!! We are all so happy that Jax is part of the family!!!
The Loot!









Kailee stole her 'birthday present'.... Sariah came to the party too!
The food table... with lots of yummy food!
2 comments:
Looks like a fantastic shower! That cake is awesome!
Sure does look amazing.. and that Diaper "ARK" was the cutest.. I have never seen anything like it before.. thank you for sharing these pictures.. I so wish I could of been there to celebrate with you all...
So excited for them!
Post a Comment