I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Monday, May 7, 2012

Living My Dream part 3

You know those bad jokes about in laws?  And how a mom never thinks the girl her son marries is good enough?  Well... yeah, that is not the case in our family!  I feel so blessed that my kids have married such amazing people and consider them my kids, not an in law, just a perfect addition to our family.  I never really have understood how you could dislike the person that loves your child so much - and to us, marriage is the most important, and we aren't supposed to expect our kids to put us first, but their spouse.  So it is a good thing that they have picked such good spouses to love, and to be love by!

Tiffany has blessed our lives in a million ways.  She is the perfect person for Garrett, and she is a wonderful mom to our beautiful grandsons.  I will never be able to express how grateful I am that she has included us so well into their life, and the lives of Gabe and Isaac.  I kind of get choked up when I think of how she let me be there for the births of our grandsons.  To see them take their first breath in life, to witness the miracle of their births makes my heart burst with joy.  I love them more than I ever dreamed I would (and that is saying something considering how much I KNEW I would love them!!!).... and I love her! 

When I was younger and dreaming of the family I would one day have... I dreamed of having a close relationship with the the girls my sons would choose to marry.  I am blessed to have that!  I heard a quote that said, "Daughter in Law ~ a child destiny forgot to give you."  But I think it worked out just the way it was supposed to.  I get the blessing of seeing Tiffany bless the lives of 3 of the boys I love so much!

I get to live my dream by watching Tiffany and Garrett live theirs!

No comments: