I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Thursday, April 4, 2013

THE Concert!!!

Alright...I am not big into celebrity crushes.
George Strait may be the exception!!! :)
Okay, not really a crush but wow!!!
It's strange, but my memories of meeting Thayne, of dating him
and of our entire marriage are mixed with George Strait

singing in the background.
It's crazy. 

I get that.
  But music does something to me.
I can hear a song and instantly be taken back in time.
 That's George!
As soon as Marina Del Rey starts playing,
 I am instantly back in a blue Ford,
dragging main with this man that I wanted more than anything, to have as mine.

In truth, his music has so much more to do with 'us' than I can really explain.
One song in particular, inspired Thayne to leave, and then come back to Delta.
Which brought him to a place in his life that made it possible to leave.
See...
Without George Strait,
there likely wouldn't be 'us'
so I am eternally grateful for 80 Proof Bottle of Tear Stopper
and so many others!

Our kids gave us the best Christmas gift.
Tickets to his last concert in Salt Lake.
We sat next to the cutest couple,
who told us that their kids couldn't think of anything to give them
for Christmas,
so they gave them tickets to the concert!
It was fun sitting next to them and making new friends.
 
And the concert,
Well, it was absolutely AMAZING!!!









 
 
 

No comments: