I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Life Keeps Changing

 
I can't believe how much life has changed recently.
Our family has gone through so many growing pains lately.
  Ok, well...
maybe that should be
 MOM has gone through the growing pains.
  The kids are just growing!
 
We are down to 8!
We had 12 kids living at home at the beginning of summer,
and now we are down to 8!
This is where I usually burst into song,
singing, Living On a Prayer.
You know...
half way there!
 
I told Thayne that if we had stopped when my mom told us to,
we would be empty nesters.
Not that this is in any way appealing to us right now.
It seems strange to even think about yet.
There are days the house is so quiet, I feel like my ears are ringing
from the silence.
 
We moved Tallin to Utah to start school there.
Thankfully he is able to continue working for our company there.
He starts school on the 16th and is nervous, and excited.
 
Kinzee and Kassi are sharing a place.
All summer Kinzee worked four (count them... FOUR) jobs
preparing for her first year of college.
She is now enjoying her ONE job,
and a full load of college classes.
She is so happy...
and not even 18.
I admit, I had a hard time agreeing to her
moving out of the house. 
But Kailee was moving to Idaho
and Kassi needed a roommate. 
To be honest,
it's much easier letting them go together that it is alone.
 
Kailee is helping Caitlyn with Maelynn this year
while Cait finishes her last year in dental hygiene.
She will be working for an assisted living home and
working on getting her CNA
and possibly work on getting into the nursing program.
I miss her so much.
She was my walking buddy and I miss those morning talks/walks!
But I love seeing her so happy.
 
Jace changed jobs too.
He is working with Thayne,
and they are shaking things up.
Seeing them work together is pretty amazing,
and they are getting busier by the day.
 
Willie is now the oldest one left at home.
Thankfully I still have a couple of years left
before he starts thinking of leaving me!
 
Tonight Kassi has all of the little kids,
spending the night with her.
My house is silent right now.
Absolutely silent.
I love that the girls adore their siblings
and spend so much time with them still.
The little kids adore their big brothers and sisters.
 
The other day Noah picked up my keys and said,
"In's keys?" 
I told him now, they were not Tallin's keys.
He looked really sad and said, "NO!  In's KEYS!"
Later he was outside with Hyrum. 
Hyrum came in and said,
"Noah saw the work truck and said, 'In's truck' and when I told him
no he looked like he was going to cry."
Then he said,
"This is why the people in our family shouldn't grow up
and move away!"
I didn't know if I wanted to laugh... or cry!
But I am grateful that they love each other.
 
 

 

1 comment:

MomToThemAll said...

Kim, it's so nice to see you writing on your blog again. I love to read about your family! It's amazing how much they change and grow in just a few short years, isin't it?