I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Friday, May 23, 2014

9 Months Ago

 I know I have so much to catch up on, and I am going to get around to it... someday!  Just not today!  I have had the hardest time keeping up with things like blogging, laundry, cleaning kids' bedrooms... little things, like that!!!  Mostly because of what I decided to do 9 months ago!

Nine months.  I was recently thinking about the fact that most of my adult life has been planning for the next nine months.  Most of the time those nine months resulted in counting little fingers and toes.  This time however, I mostly have been concentrating on the toes.  Foot zoning has become my new way of life!!!

I received my first foot zone a few years ago... and I LOVED it.  Then one of my best friend's took the classes and became a foot zoner, and I loved it more.  I wanted to take the classes so bad!!!  So when I got a call from Jeri asking if I could take part in the class they were having in Tooele, Thayne and I had a long talk, and while it would take a huge commitment, he told me I really should just do it!  So I did!

Every month, I packed up far too much stuff and headed to Utah for a weekend of learning amazing things, with amazing women.  I gained 4 new friends that will always mean so much to me.  Who become like family.  Who I am going to miss more than I ever thought possible.  More than that though, I learned a new way of thinking, and a new way of healing.  I feel like I was being spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and physically fed during our classes. It was incredible.  Our zone instructors, Jeri and Jaclyn, taught me so much.  They are the most wonderful women, who sacrificed so much to teach our classes. They taught me to trust myself and to believe that I could do this.  Nine months later, I am a foot zoner.  I love it.  I love helping others.  I love watching lives change, simply through the feet!  I love getting to be the tool to help others see that they can change their lives by letting go.  I love how it has blessed our family.  That alone would be enough... but it is so much more!!!  I am so excited to see where this will take us!  I am proud of myself, for making it through.  For not giving up when it became hard, and learning for myself that I can do things that I never believed possible.

I am grateful that each and every time I work on some one's feet, I think about the Savior washing the feet of the apostles, and I can see that person through the eyes of Him, and I learn to love others so much more. I did it! 

We were asked to give a final presentation, about anything we wanted.  I decided to do mine on questions.  Change your questions, change your life.  One question is, when you tell your life story, are you the victim, the survivor, or are you the superhero?  Everyone has a story... the women I got to spend the last 9 months with are superheroes!  I am determined to be the superhero when I tell my life story.  This class has given me so much, and I look forward to giving as much back as I possibly can.

Interested in what foot zoning is?  Check out www.wedofeet.net  There is nothing like it!!!


No comments: