I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Friday, December 14, 2007

Where are the elves????

I want to know which union Santa's elves are working for because they certainly aren't doing their job!!! If the little men/women are the workers, why do I feel like I have been hit by a truck, my back is so sore from walking, (the term shop till you drop comes to mind) and then sitting to wrap all of the gifts, for hours yesterday?

Wednesday was my doctor appointment so off we went to Salt Lake. And then we hit the stores. We figured we really were pushing it by not having Christmas ready and it was time to get something done. By the time we got home it was almost 2am Thursday morning. We had shopped, walked, picked out the best deals, and finally I waddled my way to the car and thought I was going to pass out. Thayne and I took turns driving home because we were both so tired. Thankfully the little kids were spending the night with a friend of ours so we got to sleep in until 6:30am. It was blissful. I don't remember sleeping 4 full, continous hours in a very long time. Which only made me more tired!

So, yesterday we hit a couple of more stores here in town, and then I came home to start making my lists, checking them twice, knowing that even if the kids are naughty they are not being left out! :) Heaven forbid they wake up Christmas morning and one have too many gifts to open and another not enough. On top of it all, we had not gotten Garrett's packages sent off to Puerto Rico yet so I spent a good part of the day getting that ready and it only cost $60+ to send it! Couldn't we have just sent pictures???? :) But... back to the wrapping. I wrapped, and wrote down everything I wrapped. And then I wrapped some more. There were times when I needed to get up and couldn't, so I would call Thayne to either pull my poor pathetic self up, or get me whatever it was I needed. My hips hurt. My back hurts. My feet hurt! I need an elf to rub my feet while I do this! They obviously weren't coming to wrap the gifts. I'm just not so sure about the whole Santa thing. He is not the reason for the season, that's for sure. But he sure gets a lot of credit for something he doesn't do!!!! :) I am going to make a complaint. Where I will send it, I'm not sure.... but it will make me feel better just writing one! Kind of like those lists I make. Now I have to watch my lists and hope that I am sneakier than my mom, who made the lists but then my brother and I found them and knew everything we were getting for Christmas anyway! Live and learn... that's what we need to do!!! :)

1 comment:

Lena said...

Oy, the last month is the hardest. I still remember not finding a single comfortable position. I couldn't have enough pillows! It's worth it though- of course you know that...