On March 19th at 7:11pm during a BYU basketball game my sweet Gordon Jace was born. I know it was during a BYU basketball game because the nurses wouldn't let me push because the doctor was involved in the game. Maybe that is why he loves watching the game now. It was going in the background as he was born. As I recall... I think BYU won!!! He was so precious to me from the moment of his birth. His big brother Garrett had barely turned 1 and loved him from the moment of birth. They still are the best of friends. I don't think Jace smiled like he does now for the entire 2 years Garrett was on his mission. And now he is 20. WOW! He's always been my friend. From the time he was very small he just had this ability to lift my spirits and the desire to do just that. I suffered from terrible postpartum depression after Tanner was born and there were days that I wondered how I would function with a barely 3, 2 and 1 year old and a newborn. I think that Jace was blessed with the ability to speak so early (he was speaking sentances before he turned one) for me. There were mornings it hurt to climb out of bed. Those mornings Jace seemed to know that I wasn't okay and would come running into my room, climb on my bed and tell me in his squeeky, sweet voice, "I love you mommy... you are sooooooo beautiful!" How could you not be okay when a little man told you that every morning???
The first time Garrett and Jace wrecked our car they were 2 and 3.... they wrecked another car at 18 and 19. I should have known back then that life would never be dull with them in my life! They were too smart for their own good. When their baby brother Tallin was born they snuck into our room one morning and snuck him out of bed. I found them playing forts. They had made a fort under their bed and had Tallin under there with them. They've always been so amazing with their siblings!
The first time Garrett and Jace wrecked our car they were 2 and 3.... they wrecked another car at 18 and 19. I should have known back then that life would never be dull with them in my life! They were too smart for their own good. When their baby brother Tallin was born they snuck into our room one morning and snuck him out of bed. I found them playing forts. They had made a fort under their bed and had Tallin under there with them. They've always been so amazing with their siblings!
The stories I could tell about Jace.... :-) Like the time we were going with grandma and grandpa to visit them in Canada. We lived in Milwaukee then and Jace was 3. He decided he really liked Kerry-Ann. Kerry would later become his aunt but at the time she was a very innocent 16 year old girl! We were on the road and he had to use the bathroom. He's a boy, he can pee anywhere right? No, he needed to go clear down in the trees so no cars could see him. But he didn't want just anybody to help him, he wanted Kerry to help him! Poor Kerry, she was dying thinking she needed to help him, but she was a trooper and walked him off the road and helped him make sure his pants were buttoned up when he was done. Poor girl. We still tease him about that!
It has been such a joy raising Jace. We named him 'Gordon Jace'... Gordon after his grandpa. Jace loves soccer and we had so much fun watching him all through school playing soccer. I've had some fun roadtrips with Jace. He has always been my protector, my friend, and an amazing son. In January when we went by life flight to Salt Lake with Nathaniel, Jace drove the car over the next morning. He sat with us in the hospital room watching over Nate, standing over his crib and helping us in every way. It was such a comfort to have him there with us, and then to know he was home with the kids watching over them while we couldn't be. If I weren't in the room with the baby, he was watching over him and is extremely protective of his tiny baby brother. The first place he goes in the morning is wherever Nathaniel is and the last place he goes at night is to wherever Nate is to say goodnight. He is an amazing young man, an amazing son. And my life is blessed because I got to be his mom!
It has been such a joy raising Jace. We named him 'Gordon Jace'... Gordon after his grandpa. Jace loves soccer and we had so much fun watching him all through school playing soccer. I've had some fun roadtrips with Jace. He has always been my protector, my friend, and an amazing son. In January when we went by life flight to Salt Lake with Nathaniel, Jace drove the car over the next morning. He sat with us in the hospital room watching over Nate, standing over his crib and helping us in every way. It was such a comfort to have him there with us, and then to know he was home with the kids watching over them while we couldn't be. If I weren't in the room with the baby, he was watching over him and is extremely protective of his tiny baby brother. The first place he goes in the morning is wherever Nathaniel is and the last place he goes at night is to wherever Nate is to say goodnight. He is an amazing young man, an amazing son. And my life is blessed because I got to be his mom!

No comments:
Post a Comment