I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Sunday, April 20, 2008

He wants to nurse!

Nathaniel wants to nurse. I have pumped until my back aches (it really does ache between my shoulder blades from sitting on my bed pumping!) and hoping that I would be able to nurse my baby boy again. We started him on feedings but he kept snuggling in like he wants to nurse. I thought it was crazy but decided since we monitor him to make sure he keeps his oxygen up while eating, why not try. The first few times he latched on but only nursed for maybe a minute or two at most. Today he acted like he really, really wanted to nurse and wouldn't even take a bottle. He nursed for 15 minutes several times today. He doesn't even want a bottle anymore, he wants to nurse!!! I am so excited. I am SO excited. This is the greatest blessing. I was so sad that I wouldn't be able to nurse him, but he is pretty serious about nursing. Yippee Naters!!! What a great thing this is!!!!

7 comments:

Sankat said...

That is sooo great Kim!!! Good for you keeping up your pumping...that is hard!

Jena9286 said...

Awesome Kim! I know exactly how you feel. I was so worried DS wouldn't nurse after being in the NICU. I've nursed them all and I refused to not nurse this one. It was so sweet when he did finally latch on and nurse. Congratulations and happy nursing!

elsies7gifts said...

He knows a good thing when he sees (tastes, smells, feels, hears) it. Yeah for you - you must be so overjoyed that you are able to nurse him and that he wants to.

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

Yay Kim, and Nate. I am so glad he is nursing for you. I was sad for you worrying LOL.

Kaylene said...

That's awesome!!! Congrats little guy and Mommy!!! Nursing is such a blessing!

Michelle said...

That is wonderful that he's nursing so well now! God is amazing, isn't He?

Kaylene said...

How are you all doing with all of these quakes I keep hearing about?