I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Productive Day... I think!

I am exhausted. I was up most of the night last night with Kami climbing in my bed, Nate crawling out of his bed (he will not be sleeping in a toddler bed anytime soon!) and Kalli being sick. Thayne's ulcers were killing him so he was restless too and wasn't feeling great and since he had a dentist appointment he didn't go to work so we got up and got things taken care of around the house and then we headed to town. Managed to do a $400 shopping trip to the grocery store (in less than an hour!!!) and get to the dentist. His appointment went quickly and we went to lunch at one of our favorite places, paid some bills, bought a yummy fall smelling candle, because you know... it's fall... snow falling in the mountains and 45 degrees is pretty much fall around here, and then back to Walmart and a quick stop at another grocery store. Came home to get all of the meat shrink wrapped and ready to freeze... we bought a LOT of meat! Also chopped and froze a dozen red peppers, got 3 dozen ears of corn shrink wrapped and in the freezer, and got dinner going at the same time. Good thing I know how to multi-task! Made little Bummy's day by making mashed potatoes and gravy (which means I pealed 20lbs of potatoes!)! Thayne helped me clean out the back fridge and reorganize the freezer in the garage and helped me organize the back pantry. I cleaned out a couple of cupboards and got dinner on the table. It was a productive day. The girls even did several loads of laundry but it's just sitting here on the couch waiting patiently for somebody to fold it... but since my back aches from standing so long and my feet hurt and I feel like I can barely keep my eyes open, the laundry is going to have to wait until tomorrow!!! Yep, I'd say it was a productive day, even if the house still needs to be cleaned... AGAIN! Oh, and I finished one book and am half way through another... How's that for a day in the life??? :)

5 comments:

Robyn said...

And I thought I was tired BEFORE I read this post!

Go, Kim!

life and times on the rockin r ranch said...

hey , super mom , how about some help shapen up my cabnets in my kitchen. ha ha Its one of my last tasks before the sixth. Maybe Chance will be brain washed for 5 minutes that this is how we live. NOT!!!!!

Living My Dream said...

Haha... I would totally come and do it! He will be walking with his head in the clouds for weeks anyway and won't even notice that it is clean! By the time he gets back to normal it won't be clean anymore and he will feel right at home!

Special K said...

Wow!!!! I like tidbits about how you deal with the incessant flow of food into kids tummies and big grocery trips. Makes sense to buy fresh and freeze when on sale. How do you handle picky kids? If you're out of real life stuff, I'm so game for a post about how you do food in the house.

jhjohnstone said...

Good grief, I got tired just reading your post! Wish I could multi-task like that!