I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Special Sunday

Two very important events happened recently...
The first is our little Bummy turned 8!
And 8 is a very important age because that is when they get baptized.
Hyrum has been very excited for his baptism.
And it just so happened that about the same time,
Willie turned 14.
Which is another important age for young men.
They will then be ordained Teacher in the Aaronic Priesthood.
What made this particular Sunday really special was that we decided to do BOTH!
Both of these boys are amazing.
Both have such wonderful personalities and traits,
and both are so good to their mom!
I am so blessed to have them as my sons.
I looked around the room and there were so many people that we have known.
Maxine played the piano for us.
Reta not only led the music but she also is part of the Stake Primary Presidency.
They were 2 of the first people I knew and worked with through church callings
when we moved here.
Reta told Hyrum that she was at both Garrett's and Jace's baptisms
and how amazing it was to see them both witnessing his baptism.
She has been a part of my kids lives from the time they were small.
She has been their teacher, the Primary President and her love for them
is very apparent!
And it has been amazing to watch her life change also.
She was just getting active in church when I met her.
And not long ago her husband was baptized and they have since gone through the temple.
Maxine has always been there whenever anyone needs anything.
I love these women.
And to see Bill and Janice who have also been here,
so much a part of everything.
It was really a wonderful event.
I can't believe Willie is 14.
Going to the church dances now. How is that even possible???
And Hyrum... baptized!
He had been grinning from ear to ear all day.
The program for the baptism went really well.
Kailee gave a talk on baptism.
The primary kids that were there sang
"I Am A Child Of God"
and then Caitlyn gave her first ever talk
about the Gift of the Holy Ghost.
She did amazing!
It wasn't that long ago I was talking at her baptism,
and to hear her testimony and her love of the gospel is amazing.
It's a blessing to us.
So many people from our ward came and shared the day with us.
And my brothers and their families.
I am just not sure it could have went much better than it did!
I was thinking about the fact that 13 of our kids have been baptized.
13 of them!
I think back to when I met Thayne,
and we talked about the things we wanted for our family.
Here we are...
more blessed than we could have ever imagined back then.
What an amazing day.
A day of memories...
A very special Sunday!
I love you all so much!

He was so excited for his baptism!
Why so serious Bummy?
William Kade... 14!

No comments: