Christmas morning came bright and early as usual here...
wait...
there is no such thing as BRIGHT when it is THIS early in the morning.
Every year I threaten that they will NOT get up before 5am.
They of course think that I said 3am.
Now, thanks to modern technology and the invention of the Internet and cell phones,
I start getting Facebook and text messages at around...
2:37 or some crazy odd hour telling me that they are awake.
And why wouldn't they be awake?
They are all crammed into a bedroom keeping each other awake.
They think it's some kind of awesome tradition that they should keep doing.
Married, with kids of their own and they are crashing here!
Awesome!!!!
wait...
there is no such thing as BRIGHT when it is THIS early in the morning.
Every year I threaten that they will NOT get up before 5am.
They of course think that I said 3am.
Now, thanks to modern technology and the invention of the Internet and cell phones,
I start getting Facebook and text messages at around...
2:37 or some crazy odd hour telling me that they are awake.
And why wouldn't they be awake?
They are all crammed into a bedroom keeping each other awake.
They think it's some kind of awesome tradition that they should keep doing.
Married, with kids of their own and they are crashing here!
Awesome!!!!
I can't say for certain what time I finally allowed them to force me out of bed.
I would say it was sometime after 3am, but most definitely well BEFORE 5!
I would say it was sometime after 3am, but most definitely well BEFORE 5!
I know I am a bad mom, but long ago I gave up trying to keep everyone organized
and taking turns on Christmas morning.
So we just let them go and enjoy the moment of watching their faces.
It was also fun because this year we had Derrick here...
and taking turns on Christmas morning.
So we just let them go and enjoy the moment of watching their faces.
It was also fun because this year we had Derrick here...
More on Derrick later, but we will say that he is very important in Kassi's life.
He spent his first Christmas with our crazy family,
and it was fun to shop for him too!
Kimi was the only one that couldn't make it.
The down fall of Matt's profession... holidays usually mean work!
But everyone else was home.
I look at this family sometimes and am simply amazed at what it has become.
I wonder what I would have thought 25 years ago if I could have seen this then!
Caitlyn and Jace were here. She is on her winter break,
and so ready for Maelynn to be born.
Garrett, Tiffany and the boys stayed over also.
He spent his first Christmas with our crazy family,
and it was fun to shop for him too!
Kimi was the only one that couldn't make it.
The down fall of Matt's profession... holidays usually mean work!
But everyone else was home.
I look at this family sometimes and am simply amazed at what it has become.
I wonder what I would have thought 25 years ago if I could have seen this then!
Caitlyn and Jace were here. She is on her winter break,
and so ready for Maelynn to be born.
Garrett, Tiffany and the boys stayed over also.
I love watching them open their gifts and get caught up in the excitement!
I have to say that the best gift, hands down,
was the George Strait tickets the kids gave Thayne and me.
I was so shocked!
And SO excited!
Next year our family will have grown even more,
and my little kids are getting bigger by the day.
I have to say that the best gift, hands down,
was the George Strait tickets the kids gave Thayne and me.
I was so shocked!
And SO excited!
Next year our family will have grown even more,
and my little kids are getting bigger by the day.
So I will count my blessings and enjoy the moment...
Merry Christmas!!!
Merry Christmas!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment