Christmas Eve was pretty laid back this year. Thayne and I had a couple of things left to shop for so we headed to town first thing and got that done. I had great plans of being all ready long before the big day actually got here but as usual things didn't work out that way and I was wrapping on Christmas Eve. Not a lot... but still wrapping. Maybe next year! It's always a good dream at least...
The thing the kids always look forward to is the sibling gift exchange. After that, the kids are trying to convince us to let them go to bed... only because they think that they can be up in the middle of the night to open presents. This isn't my first rodeo, and I am not a push over... and I put my foot down and told them they would not be getting up one minute before 4am!!!
Everyone was home except for Kimi...I guess that's what happens when you are married to a cop. We missed them a lot though and really hope to see them again soon! I miss our sweet Jared and really can't wait to see him again! It will be fun to see him with his uncle and cousin... I can only imagine what the three of them can dream up together.
I love to see the family of my dreams become a reality right before my eyes. I love that there is a reason to sit back and count my blessings and remember that the reason we celebrate this time of year is the Savior. This is what life is all about....
No comments:
Post a Comment