I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Wednesday, December 25, 2019

December 25, 2017

We did it.
  We dreaded it and wanted it here and done all at the same time. 
 But we did it.  
This was the strangest Christmas.
  But we survived. 
 We laughed. 
We smiled. 
We didn’t fake it.
  We took every moment as it came and if we needed to cry, we cried.  
We don’t like the hole left in our new life.
  But we still have each other and we have love.
  A whole lot of love.  
That is why the hole is so large. 
 Because we have love.
  We couldn’t help but think of the what if’s.  
There was so much about this day that Hayden would have enjoyed.  
I have no doubt he is proud of us and how we made it through.  
We did it.  
We will keep doing it.  
Because our story doesn’t end here.
  This story is about forever.  
We will stand together. 
 We celebrated the birth of the Savior today.  
Because of that birth, all things will be made right.
  I don’t know when, 
I don’t even know how, 
but I know in the end we will be whole.  
My family is my greatest gift.
  Every day I am grateful.  
 Because of them, there are a million reasons to smile every day. 
 Merry Christmas!!!







































No comments: