A wise man once said, "In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." We have weathered storms that tried to break us, but through it all, we have always tried to find the joy in our journey. Watching our family grow has given us more joy than we ever thought possible. There is joy in the journey, even in the middle of the storms!
I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom
Saturday, December 7, 2019
Love him for Always
Love. It’s a choice. The initial attraction, the connection, might happen out of the blue and take your breath away. It’s the day to day choices that keep you breathlessly in love. Life is hard, and messy, and sometimes painful. Sometimes the storms rage and you feel like you are going to drown in the waves, and you lose sight of each other. Sometimes we let each other down and break each other’s hearts because the grief and pain is unspeakable. Yet love is still a choice. A conscious decision to remain steady, and fiercely loyal, and find comfort in the lifetime of steadiness you have provided one another. Love is a commandment. If we are commanded to love, it must certainly mean we have power to do so... that we have the agency to either be in love, or be out of it. We get to choose whether we let the storms raging break the love, or strengthen it. Sometimes, for a moment, you can’t see the other side of the storm. But love can definitely be the life preserver that keeps you afloat. It’s buoys you up and keeps you from losing yourself in the raging sea of pain.
In over 33 years, there hasn’t been a day that I haven’t allowed my love for him to be front and center in my life. There hasn’t been a day in all of these years that I haven’t remembered the moment we met and the overwhelming feelings of love for him. In the moments I haven’t felt “loved” by him, I have prayed to know, and been overwhelmed by love for him. I have been reminded of the breathless love, the steady love, the enduring love, and the promise of eternal love when all is said and done. At the end of the day, he is my person, and I am his. I can do hard things when I have him by my side. I don’t know where I end and he begins. I am grateful every single day that I get to walk through life with him!
These pictures make my heart almost burst. We have walked through some pretty hard stuff, but oh how we love. I look at these pictures and know the battles he, and we have fought. I know the demons he’s conquered behind that smile and I know how much he loves us. I love his tender heart, with all of mine. I will love him for always because forever will never be long enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment