I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Friday, February 1, 2008

It's just going to be one of those days!!!!!!!!!!

You know the type... the days when as a mom you are just going to lose what's left of your ever loving mind!!!! Yep, that's me. It's a snow day. 'Nuff said! We went years without ever having a snow day. Just this week we have had 2 days of 2 hour delay starts, and yesterday they got out 2 hours early, and today is a snow day! The second snow day of the year. It snowed. Is that a reason?? Sheesh. It's only 9:30 in the morning and there is screaming, running, pounding, and I think somebody got their fingers smashed. Obviously not enough that blood is present or medical intervention is necessary, but I heard about it all the same. They were up when the phone started ringing at 5:30am telling us it was called off. So really, half the day should be over now instead of just starting, and I am ready for bed. There are moments when I absolutely adore having every child under the same roof. More often than not that is the case. Very rarely do we have real fights in this house. But today... oh today, I am ready to blow. Today is not one of those fuzzy, warm, "I love being the mom of a mega sized family" kind of days! Today is one of those days when I wake up thinking, "Did I really think having 15 kids was a good idea????" :) Okay, I know I will get over it, but if Bummy doesn't stop crying, if Kinzee doesn't stop tattling, if they use all of my hot water before I get a shower, I am just going to check myself into the funny farm when I go to town. And I have to go to town because I have to return my brother in law's big truck. Thayne and I met my sister and bil, and brother and sil in town for dinner. And the snow started, and it fell, and fell, and fell. The problem with that is we live over the summit, a very HIGH summit, that we have to go over in order to get home. And it was blowing, and drifting, and snowing. And we couldn't get the car through it, so we turned around and took their truck home. But hey... I can say it is probably fair to assume that right now my kids have driven me to drink and I am headed to the store to get a Pepsi and some Excedrin!!! I'm pulling out the big stuff today. Caffeine! Yep, I've gone over the edge! :)

Tomorrow will be another day and I will count my many blessings and be grateful for each and every one of their amazing personalities. But today I am crazy!!! :)

1 comment:

Kaylene said...

(((HUGS))) My day with two at home, and one in school was very similar... Really hoping tomorrow goes better for both of us.

How is Nate?