I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Crud....

I am really sick of the crud! Everyone has it. If they don't have it, they will be getting it! You know it will happen. At our house, no matter how much we try, we just can't get by without passing it to somebody. It's just the love we have for each other that makes us want to share everything. We share the good, and we share the bad. This bad started out two weeks ago. Tallin brought it home from the high school (and just wait till I find out who shared it with him!!!) and then proceeded to cough on me. And Nathaniel. I got sick. Very sick. I don't usually get so sick. And you know what happened next.... Nate got it. Luckily his doctor got him right in and got him on meds. I think because we acted so quickly it didn't get as horrible as it would have. But we did have to put him back on oxygen when he started choking on the gunk. Hayden got it, Kailee got it, Garrett got it (of course he did, he just got home in the middle of winter after thinking it was cold when it cooled down to a freezing 71 degrees one day in Puerto Rico.) Willie got it, Kinzee got it... and until last night, I thought maybe Kami would avoid it, but nope, it hit and she is down very sick. She had 105 degree fever today. I told the kids to quit sharing. I hate to turn them away when they want to kiss me goodnight. But I do. More lysol, more handsizer (hand sanitizer) and PLEASE let this pass. I don't have time to be sick! Now if we can keep Thayne healthy. He doesn't have any time to be sick!!! I think I want to run away until the crud passes!

3 comments:

jhjohnstone said...

I hear you on the crud! This has been the worst winter for sickness we've had in a long time. I've had it for the past 2 wks. The only good point is that I was on a business trip when I came down with it, so I was not around my kids for the worst part of it and luckily they were spared from getting it. I hope you guys all get better soon!

Jackie

Sabrina said...

I hope everyone is better soon! That can not be fun with that many in the household! lol

elsies7gifts said...

I hope everyone gets better fast. sounds like our house about a month ago - Dr said it was influenza. Watch for the fever to come and go with some. And the cough to hang on for a few weeks - yuk. I hope it spares a few of your as it did here (dh and ds12 didn't get it). Putting vics rub on their feet seemed to help with the cough.