I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Friday, December 11, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Well... it is starting to feel like Christmas, especially the sub-zero temperatures. But some fun things have started happening. Like Kailee taking Kalli, Kami, Hyrum and Nathaniel to the Breakfast with Santa at the day care where she and Kimi work. Nate did NOT want his picture taken with Santa but he did wave at him. And when we were in JC Penneys that afternoon he saw Santa walking through the store and went running towards him waving... but the second Santa saw him and started walking towards him he started backing slowly away, all while waving at him! Kailee and the kids always have to get funny pictures whenever the get ready to go somewhere... hence the funny faced picture! They had fun at the party....

Kalli and Kami aren't afraid of Santa...

And Hyrum was excited to tell Santa what he wants for Christmas!

Nate taking a little nap... he had a rough night so he thought a nap would be good before we got going for the day!



Got the tree up and decorations around and the boxes put back out in the garage... I have been working so hard to get things done, shopping, wrapping, all of that ahead of time so that I can concentrate on the meaning of the season and not be so stressed out. So far it is working... I have been frustrated year after year stressing about making sure everyone had everything and haven't taken the time to feel joy in the real meaning of Christmas... rejoicing in the birth of our Savior and enjoying the joy my children feel in the season! I realize that it just doesn't matter what the kids get for Christmas... I have gleaned from conversations that the kids likely didn't think all that much of the excessive Christmases of the past not really remembering the numbers of gifts or even necessarily the gifts themselves and so I figure that since I spent small fortunes in the past and have this kind of response, it won't matter if I spend less... they won't remember that anyway! But we are having families over for dinner and games and visiting, and we are going to make cookies and do neighbor gifts and I am almost willing to bet that those will be better memories than unwrapping obscene amounts of packages that they won't remember or won't care about anyway!

Nate needing a love from his big sister... he was embarrassed that we had been teasing him about giving the big snowman kisses and talking to it like it was a person!






We shouldn't have laughed, but it was really, really, really cute. He woke up and saw the snowman standing by the tree and he ran over and hugged it, kissed it and acted like it was his newest friend... so when the kids took the snowman to him he hugged it again but then got mad that I was taking pictures!






Nate's friend... meet Mr Snowman! He is at the fun age right now, so excited about the tree and the presents and in awe of the lights...but he is such a good little man. We put the decorations and nativities out and told him not to touch, and he doesn't. He truly is an obedient little man and we are, yet again, grateful for his life and that he is healthy and growing and strong! He is going to be so much fun. We bought him a couple of birthday gifts and had them in our closet. Thayne, without thinking went into the closet to get a shirt and Nate followed him in and saw the gifts and was so excited.... his eyes lit up and he clapped and brought them out to show me!!! Way to go dad!!! Of course Thayne is a softie and ended up giving the gifts to him and saying we will get him more! So it's really exciting to look forward to Christmas this year!






No comments: