I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

If I start crying...

I think if I let the tears start flowing
they may not end.
My sweet daughter is losing her baby.
And right now I am not there to hold her,
and cry with her and tell her it is going to be okay.
Even though I know it isn't going to be okay right now.
That is a pain that just doesn't go away.
And for a long time after she will go on like her heart isn't breaking...
but I will know it is.
This sweet girl,
who has dreamed of this baby
for as long as she can remember.
She joins that club, that nobody ever wants to be part of.
It is still so fresh in my heart...
and now I not only cry for my own baby girl,
but for the baby she wanted
and the baby I wanted...
the grandbaby I wanted to hold,
and spoil and love!
Kimi, I will be there soon...
and we will cry together for the loss of our dream.
And I will pray everyday for understanding...
because our heart never really mends.
And I will pray even harder that you get this dream
very soon.
I love you more than you can know right now.
I hurt for you,
that you have to feel this pain.
And I pray that you let it wash through you,
and grow from it and that you will come through this
even more compassionate, and more understanding
than you are right now.

10 comments:

PapillionMom said...

Kim and Kimi,

I am so sorry to learn of this misfortune. My positive thoughts are with your entire family right now and always.

Brenda said...

I am so very sorry for both of you! Prayers, hugs and love...

Veronica said...

Oh no. It seems so very unfair in any case, but especially when it happens with a first pregnancy. My heart just breaks for her!!! This post reminded me of EXACTLY what I was feeling exactly two years ago when I started miscarrying. Just hug her!!!

Lindsay Chipman said...

Your whole family is in my prayers. May our Heavenly Father help you all through this heartbreaking time.

Amanda said...

oh no, I am so sorry! You all will be in my prayers.

Courtney said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you all.. specially Kimi and Matt. I know that they both was so excited and already dreaming of this little one.
I too know the ache and pain that losing one, even the first one can cause.. know that I am thinking of you all. Even though I know that you and the family are helping them, I will be here if there is anything that I can do.. I love you all so much. My heart breaks cause I know how much you all dreamed and loved that little one already.
I wish I was close enough I could HUG you all.. so from far away.. HUGS TO YOU ALL!

Paula said...

I am so sorry .... may God be with her!

Dane said...

Oh, so sad. :( My heart goes out to you guys. *hugs*

Our wonderfully busy life with 4 beautiful boys......... said...

Dear Kim and Kimi, I am so sorry. I am praying for you. Hugs.

Rebecca said...

Your family is in my prayers, Kim. Love you tons ♥