I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Friday, November 5, 2010

Safely in Fiji...

Yesterday was the day I have been waiting for, for more than 9 weeks. Tallin was headed to Fiji. He called me for a few minutes after checking in at the airport in Salt Lake. It was SO good to hear his voice. He sounds wonderful. So grown up, mature and so happy and at peace with his life. I loved talking to him, hearing his excitement to be heading out. I asked him if he felt like he was ready and he said that his trainers thought he was so that must mean he is. He said that he feels like there is so much more to learn but that he knows he will learn it in the mission field and that when the new district came in and were asking them questions he realized that maybe he knew more than he thought he did. He then flew to LA where they had to wait several hours to fly to Fiji. It was going to be an 11 to 12 hour flight straight through and he lost a day on the way. He called while he was in Fiji and was able to talk to everyone in the family that was here. He sounds AMAZING!!! He was so excited and ready to get on his way. His one complaint with the MTC was the food... he said he ate some form of eggs every day but otherwise, the rest of the experience was just wonderful. He has made friends that will last him his whole life.

Tonight we got a quick email saying the flight was wonderful and that Fiji is beautiful and they had just had dinner with the mission president and his wife and he was headed out to meet his new companion and get on with serving! I loved listening to him speak the Fijian language. It sounded like it rolled right off his tongue but he thinks he has a ways to go. Monday is his P day so I am looking forward to another email and hearing more about it all. But tonight it made my heart very happy to hear that he is there, safe and happy to be there! Only 22 more fast Sundays before he comes home!!!

Silly boys, dresses are for girls! :) Okay, no really he thinks that them getting to wear sulu's makes him more like he fits in! I love this boy and miss him more than I could even say... but I know that he is right where he is supposed to be and that he will do great things while he is there!
Zone leaders and the Vegas district... he hopes that we get some of them to serve here! He said that he made some amazing friends.
He said, "Don't ask!" So I didn't!!!

1 comment:

Veronica said...

He looks sooooo grown up!! Keep the updates coming. Way cool to experience a place like that through someone else!