I don't know how to explain this morning except to call it strange!
Very strange!!!
Yesterday they said school was on the 2 hour delay...
Weird, there was no snow.
They rarely call school off and it has to be really bad!
This morning they said that school was cancelled.
There was still no snow.
But we figured it was coming and we needed milk
so Willie and I decided to run to the store to stock up before the storm hit.
We had just pulled into the parking lot when I got a frantic phone call from Kailee.
"We think there is somebody in the house!"
WHAT?
She goes on to explain that she and Kinzee had heard something
in the closet underneath the stairs.
Right by the computer.
The door opened a couple of times just a couple of inches.
Then closed AND locked!
They heard someone open the power box,
the lights flipped off and on...
Kailee thought it was one of the kids or something so she
was pounding on the door asking who was in there.
The door was locked.
They couldn't open it.
I told her to check for all of the kids.
They were all accounted for...
so I told her to get EVERYONE out of the house.
She asked if I wanted her to call their friend to come over and check.
Um... NO!!!!
I turned around to race home and saw a deputy pull into Ace.
I stopped and asked him if he could help me!
He told me to make sure they were all out of the house and he took off...
By the time I got home there were already two officers here
and within minutes a couple more showed up!
They searched EVERY WHERE!
Remind me from now on that I must constantly have a spotless house,
including closets and drawers
just in case!
They couldn't find anything and came to the conclusion that
it must have been the wind!
Okay, I really appreciate their quick response and
how they took to the house to defend and protect.
But please explain how the closet door was LOCKED
and the girls banged on it, and TRIED to open it.
And it wouldn't open.
And in 14 years of living here that door has NEVER 'blown' open.
Ever....
And Kinzee saw the handle move, turn...
the power box was opened, and the power was flipped off and then on.
And when the cops got downstairs the door was open.
We live in a hole...
The kids were getting the little ones up to the neighbors house...
They didn't walk around the house.
Thayne is paranoid...
an incident at work has left everyone a little paranoid
including the FBI...
So it looks like we are getting a security system now!
Like I said,
A strange, strange morning!
3 comments:
That is so, so, so scary. I am glad that the police did not find anyone but I would think about getting a security system or a dog!
wow, that is terrifying! So glad everyone is safe for now, and a security system or a mean dog sound good about now!
Oh my that is scary!I agree a BIG dog and a security system sounds like a good idea.
Post a Comment