though I shouldn't be...
how I fall so completely and madly in love
with each new child.
From the moment I know it's there,
I am so completely amazed and thrilled.
It is all brand new.
There is nothing ordinary about the miracle of life.
Sometimes I feel such an overwhelming sense of gratitude
that it brings tears to my eyes.
I wonder at times how it is possible to live with so much joy.
To listen to the heartbeat brings a thrill I cannot describe!
I always wonder at the heartbeat.
Today I heard it said
that the heart is the first organ to start working,
and the last one to stop...
that is what I think about when I listen to this child's heart beating...
that this miracle,
this tiny heart is beating.
Maybe it is because I remember so well the pain
of not hearing a heartbeat last year,
that the thrill of it now is overwhelming!
I was told that this child is a gift,
and that I should rejoice in the gift,
because it will bring our family so much joy.
It already has.
Great joy!
So much joy that I fear my heart will burst sometimes.
The pain of loss
seems like a distant fog now.
I am not sure I will truly breathe until I hold this baby in my arms...
but it is true that after a trial of your faith,
the miracle comes.
And the joy in that miracle is completely indescribable!
I believe in miracles.
The miracle of a beating heart.
The miracle of love...
love that grows,
and becomes so much greater than you ever imagined.
4 months down...
5 to go!
1 comment:
Hi! You don't know me but I "know" you from LDS BBC. I just wanted to say congratulations to you and your family! You have been a great example to me (on the boards)and I really admire you :)
Post a Comment