A wise man once said, "In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." We have weathered storms that tried to break us, but through it all, we have always tried to find the joy in our journey. Watching our family grow has given us more joy than we ever thought possible. There is joy in the journey, even in the middle of the storms!
I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Finally turned the corner....
It has been a long few days. Friday Nate started throwing up. I figured he had some bug going around since there are a LOT of weird bugs going around these days. Saturday he got up to eat and threw up again and was crying that his throat hurt. Since his tonsils are huge and since Kassi and Kinzee were treated for strep at the beginning of the week, and since it was a Saturday, I jumped in the shower and got ready to take him to the clinic. Thankfully we got right in and got him right on meds for strep. The dr said there is some really strange strain of strep going around our area. We need to get his tonsils out so bad. Like the other kids, it looks like he has swollen glands all of the time, and seems to carry strep. When the other kids got their tonsils out there were pus pockets underneath the tonsils and honestly very rarely get sick after getting them out. The problem with Nate is just, well, he's Nate. Nothing goes as it should with Nate and the thought of getting his tonsils out scares us so bad! Thayne had to fly to Arizona for work on Sunday and of course Nate gets sicker instead of better. And then Hyrum, and then I got sick too. We spent the entire day in bed yesterday. I was so scared we would end up in the hospital with Nate because the dr said if he didn't stop throwing up by Monday we needed to get him to the hospital for IV meds. I was worried about taking him in simply because of the exposure to all of the other stuff going on. There have actually been several deaths around here recently from strep pneumonia and I don't want to go there again!!! He has been on phenergan for the nausea and it looked like he was going to finally keep something down. That lasted a couple of hours and then he started throwing up again. Finally at midnight he wanted something and I gave him toast and a sports drink. He kept it down and woke up a couple of more times through the night for food and today he has kept it all down! I feel like I have joined the land of the living again also. So I guess we have turned the corner and are on the mend! Just in time for Thayne to come home!!! He always misses out on the fun! Poor Nate though... we worked so hard to get him to 30 lbs. It was a goal, we worked so hard at it and everyday he steps on the scale to let me see how much he weighs! We cheered when he finally got there. 30lbs 2oz... and then he dropped down to 28lbs 2oz... and then 27lbs fully dressed! Well, here we go again. Guess it's back to extra meals and Pediasure! We can do it. I am still waiting for him to grow out of the 'scare his mom half to death' stage!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment