I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Hayden!

I can't believe that 11 years ago on April 7th

we were frantically preparing to make an unexpected trip

4 1/2 hours away to have our sweet Hayden!

Just 2 days before an amnio said he wasn't ready to be born

so we rescheduled the c-section for the following week.

Only to go into labor!

I called the doctor and they told me to get over there.

Except I had to pack,

and clean a little,

and get kids prepared.

When I finally walked into the hospital

the nurses asked where I had been.

And that they had been calling hospitals from here to there

trying to figure out where I was.

Oops!

I didn't know they were waiting like that!

I told them that moving a small nation across the desert

is not easy!

Dr. S was the only doctor on call that night and I remember the OR phone

ringing over and over.

He finally asked the nurse if anyone is dying.

They said no.

So he told them to not call back unless someone was dying!

I loved holding that little man.

I loved looking into his eyes and wondering at the man he would be.

It was only 2 weeks after Wyatt was born that we were coming home from Utah

and I was reading some family history that Thayne's family had given us.

Suddenly I felt this feeling come over me,

and I knew Hayden.

I knew his name.

I looked at Thayne and told him we had another son,

and his name was Hayden Robert.

Thayne just said,

"I know."

And a year and a half later

he was born!!!

He has the most giving heart.

He is so compassionate.

He is the boy who never goes to bed without kissing us good night

and telling us he loves us.

He is perfectly content to sit next to you and hold your hand.

He has a fierce sense of right and wrong

and wants to protect the underdog.

He is smart.

So very smart!

He loves facts.

He loves to read.

And he remembers everything he does read!

There is no doubt in my mind that he was created,

before the world was...

to be our son!


I love you Hayden Robert.

Thank you for all that you add to our family.

Thank you for the opportunity you have given me to be your mom

and to learn from you.

You are a gift to us,

a blessing that I will forever be grateful for!




No comments: