it is something that we have looked forward to,
something I looked forward to so much.
It was going to be a very special time
with my teenagers,
and with Caitlyn and Jace.
A youth temple trip to the Salt Lake Temple.
It's funny that my only real desire for my kids
is like the scripture in the Third Epistle of John that says,
"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."
And to know that they are doing all they can to be worthy
to enter the temple of God
is truly the greatest joy of all.
It always seems like there is opposition to the good,
and special things that you are planning and this was no exception.
It was like the devil himself was trying to keep us
from the work,
the experiences
we looked forward to there.
It seemed like every road block,
every atttitude,
every reason you could think of came up before we left.
But once we walked inside the temple,
it all went away.
It was powerful from beginning to end.
It started with the youth,
and leaders
meeting in the tiny chapel
and singing
He Is Risen.
How much more appropriate could it be
than to sing about the Risen Lord
on Easter weekend.
To hear our bishop,
and the temple worker
share their testimony of Jesus Christ
and
know the importance of being inside the temple.
Thayne had been worried about being able to do the baptisms
because of his back.
I believe we witnessed a miracle as I watched him perform the baptisms.
He said the strength he felt was overwhelming.
To see my children doing baptisms
was beautiful, amazing!
To feel the spirit of the Lord took away every worry and every care
and made me look at my life from an eternal perspective.
It gave me hope, and joy, and peace,
and an incredible feeling of love for my family.
Our bishop talked about being at his youngest sisters wedding,
where for the first time his mom had all of her kids in the temple.
And how she was beaming the entire day.
That... THAT is my ultimate dream!
I can understand that joy in a small degree
sitting with my husband and seven of my kids inside the walls
of one of the most beautiful places on earth.
If that isn't heaven,
I don't know what is!
that is, more than anything else in life, the thing I hope for the most for my children.
There is joy in choosing the right,
you can see it in the faces of the youth who are trying hard to do what is right.
No comments:
Post a Comment