It seems many people live in a parallel universe,
and their alternative reality sometimes seems to clash with real life.
Who knows....
Maybe we all do.
Maybe that's why we need to be gentle in our judgment.
I would hope they aren't KNOWINGLY being dishonest
in how they represent
another's character and reputation.
I have wondered about this lately.
Do any of us really see ourselves as we are?
Do we lie so often that we start believing the lies we tell?
Are we harder, or more gentle, judging ourselves than we are with others?
Do we want others to protect our 'truths'
yet lie to make us feel better about the situation?
I wonder why we demand more from others
than we do from ourselves.
Why would a person expect you to not say anything about a situation,
yet turn around and lie
to make themselves look, and feel better?
Why would a person tell lies about someone who helped them,
cared for them, and trusted in them, and treated them as a friend?
I guess I never really understood that kind of behavior.
I suppose I never will.
No comments:
Post a Comment