Sometimes it is hard to believe how far this little man has come.
Sometimes I think about those long, terrifying nights in the hospital,
Sometimes I think about those long, terrifying nights in the hospital,
wondering if we would miss out on all of the little things in his life.
Or some of the not so little things!
Like Preschool graduation.
Like Preschool graduation.
Kailee got to be one of his preschool teachers this year.
That was one of the greatest parts of his whole year.
That and he was right next door to where we work so he often got to run next door
after he got out of school and hang out at the office for a while.
I still look at this little boy in complete amazement.
I still remember the simple question I had in my heart while we flew to Salt Lake,
watching him fight for his life.
Would he have the chance to experience life here and now?
Would he grow up, go to school?
Would he overcome the health issues that seemed to over take him in an instant?
Would he live?
Would I get to send him off to kindergarten?
How would I feel to send him off to kindergarten???
I did not go with Thayne when he registered Nathaniel for kindergarten.
I sent him alone... to fill out the paperwork
(and let's admit it... I have filled out paper work for 14 other children,
(and let's admit it... I have filled out paper work for 14 other children,
year after year, so I really didn't even feel bad!!!)
I just couldn't face it... not yet!
I know I will be fine when he goes next year,
it's just the thought of it right this moment!
Ms. Kailee and Ms. Kim were fantastic with the kids.
Kailee has loved doing this, and loved having her brother in her class.
I cannot believe how quickly the months have flown by...
watching him grow up so quickly!!!
It was fun to be there with so many of his brothers and sisters
to celebrate with him.
It's so bittersweet.
I wish I could freeze time and slow down these amazing moments!!!
Way to go Buddie. We love you so much tater bugs!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment