We were able to schedule Nathaniel's FEES test. It is scheduled for the 21st at 9am. We are praying for miracles, that he has healed enough that he can get the tube removed. But right now we have absolutely no idea if it will happen, how long we can expect the tube in or anything else. He is slowly being weaned off the oxygen, but will likely have it for a while at least at night. We are starting to get some sleep. Though I napped for 3 hours yesterday so I am assuming I am still playing catch up from the lack of sleep I have had over the past few weeks. We are hoping everyone keeps him in their prayers so we can get him off of the tube and able to eat normally. I don't know what it means exactly but he has started burping, something he has never done since he was born. And he is sucking the life out of his binkie and looking for food. I can't imagine it would be very comfortable to always have an empty stomach!
On another note, Kassi and Tanner are counting down till their 14th and 18th birthdays... 24 days! Which means we only have 24 days until Garrett gets home from Puerto Rico. After 2 years, we only have 24 days until he gets home! WOW!!! In so many ways 2 years has gone by extremely fast. In other ways it feels like the world has changed in those 2 years so much. I have had some of my biggest ups, and my biggest downs in the past 2 years, but it will be so wonderful to hug my oldest son again! WOW!
4 comments:
Keeping Nate and your family in my thoughts for some positive news after his tests. I was just thinking of your oldest son this morning and wondering when he was due home. I am glad to hear that it's less than a month. I remember on the lg families board, when he left. How proud you must be of him!
Stacey (lurker lg fam board)
YEAH! It's time for some really good news for you guys.
Enjoy the birthdays and the anticipation of Garrett's return!!
Love you! Talitha
Thoughts and Prayers Kim!
Wonderful news on all accounts!
Prayers from our family to yours! :)
Post a Comment