I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Time flies, whether we're having fun or not!

I just realized that we only have a day and a half left of school! Ummm.. when did that happen and who said the year could be almost half over already? Maybe it is because life is so extremely busy that the days blend into each other and then months and then another year has passed us by. We have so many half done projects that it makes me want to scream. A couple of weekends ago Thayne started one project (finishing the last bedroom downstairs) only to realize that before he could do that, he had to fix our bathroom floor. So he tore up the carpet, put a new subfloor in, tiled the bathroom and moved on. (Which is actually kind of impressive when you consider he tore up the old floor, built a new one and we went to town, picked out the tile and he got it completely finished... except for the trim... I have some real issues with unfinished trim. It has been a year and I am STILL waiting for the trim to be finished in my kitchen and living room. It's a constant thorn in my side... why, why, why do we have such a problem finishing trim in this house??? And can I mention that at least 2 of my sons at any given time are working for a contractor building houses???!!! UGH!) Of course we desperately need new carpet in the 3 bedrooms upstairs. We were even going to get new carpet. But the money we were going to use to do that was needed to get us into a new vehicle since we have too many people needing rides to work, and not enough vehicles to get us all there. I can keep dreaming! I may have to do it one room at a time, which of course in the end will cost more money, but it may be the only way it actually gets done. And don't get me going on the deck. It only took us 11 years of being in this house to get it going. It's framed now. Please tell me it won't take another 11 years to actually finish it! I have decided that by the time I have my home done, I will have no children left at home. I"ll just use the rooms to enjoy my grandchildren by then I suppose! Or something! :) Maybe when it is all finished I will just wander from room to room (and then onto the deck) and smile knowing it took most of my life to get it done! Or maybe I will just move and forget all about it!


Speaking of moving. Before Nate was born Thayne was offered a new job in Utah. We kept it quiet because we didn't know what we were doing. But the kids had said something to a friend that had moved to Utah who then said something to somebody here (you know the drill... rumors, rumors and more rumors, though to be fair, Thayne actually enjoys rumors and figures if a new one hasn't been started he should just start them himself! Weird!) and it seemed like everyone was asking if we were moving. That was in December! Yesterday I saw a lady that I haven't talked to in months, comes into the video store to rent a movie and asks if we are going to stick around or if we were moving. HUH? It's been 6 months, we are still here. A little behind on the rumors! Guess it's time to start some new ones! :) haha And speaking of work.... (my mind wanders, what can I say!) Thayne brought home 3 certificates that were given to him at work with $200 of chamber checks on each. Yes, that equals $600 in chamber checks, which are like money that you can spend in a number of stores in the community. But that isn't the funny thing. The funny thing is what the certificates said. They had sent Thayne out to recruit guys from his old company to come to work for him. 3 of the 5 or so he talked to came to work for him. The 'certificate of award' said it recognized him for "soliciting and recruiting employees from ********** and volunteering numerous hours to convince employee to come work for *******. Thank You! ****** wishes to Thank You for helping fulfill our company's vision and values." I guess I am in a strange mood because I found that really funny. I can't complain because it is an extra $600 which I will promptly use for groceries!


Ugh... adult children can make a person crazy. I guess I don't have to wonder anymore why it seems at times that my mom has lost her mind. I'm well on the way! And that's all I am going to say about THAT tonight!!! :)


The days have flown by and another summer is almost upon us. I am actually looking forward to it. Remind me that I said that when I have a half dozen kids standing around telling me they are bored!


3 comments:

Jena9286 said...

I love the shades on Nate, Kim. And BTW for the record, I swear everyone I know has all those unfinished projects around the house. We have been in our new house for 2 year and the garage is still not unpacked and we have to surf through boxes to find any kind of tool we want. And trim was a problem for us in our old house too. The only reason we got it done, was because we had to sell. Good luck!

talitha said...

Ahh, one of those pictures was taken at my house!!

We miss you guys! I have been in and out of the ER and urgent care...I will fill you in when I am feeling up to it. Just know how much I loved having you here.

Talitha

roamingjones said...

s so nice to see Nate with out his tubes!