I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Monday, May 19, 2008

We just monkey around!

Most of the time I feel like I live in a very crazy zoo. So it seems right that Nathaniel's most favorite toy is a MONKEY! Thayne brought me the monkey home from the airport in New York while he was stuck in a snow storm. It makes this awful screeching noise but Nate loves it. He grabs it from us and wraps his arms around it. He sleeps peacefully with it at night.

It's amazing how quickly he is growing. I can't believe he is already 5 months old. And yet it feels like he has been a part of our family forever. I can't help but think of the miracle of his life everytime I look at him. And I think the rest of the family feels the same because there isn't a day that goes by that somebody isn't found just staring at him, telling him how much we love him. I was putting pictures into an album the other day. Some of them were of the day that he was sent by life flight to Primary Children's Hospital. He looked so sick that day. And the feelings came rushing back, all of the feelings I was feeling that day. A nervousness that wouldn't let me relax, a fear that left me wondering if I would have to say good bye to this incredible little boy. What a great blessing to have him here with us, to watch him grow. To be blessed with his incredible smile... and he is always smiling. He can light up a room with his smile.

I guess living in a zoo is a good thing... Hanging out with monkeys is at least entertaining and brings me lots of joy!!!!


2 comments:

jhjohnstone said...

Nate is so adorable! And how funny that he's in love with the monkey! You have such a beautiful family.

elsies7gifts said...

How adorable he is Kim. I too, have those feelings return when I look at pictures of my ds at his low points, even after 5 years it can bring tears to my eyes to think of all the bad that could have ended bad instead of good. Thank goodness for the both of us for the GOOD things in this life.

I am still praying for the continued good for your sweet little one.