I shouldn't be surprised, but there are times when it hits me all over again how 'dumb' teenagers are. And put a bunch of them together and dumb doesn't even begin to describe it! Even really good kids, in the right setting simply lack the common sense it takes to make rational decisions. WHY? I wish I knew.
Thayne and I had just gotten home from dinner and a movie. Thank goodness we were home when the stupidity took place! Kinzee had gone down to bed. I was feeding Nate and all was calm and quiet. Until.... until we heard the most horrible scream you could imagine. Kinzee came running upstairs, shaking, crying and screaming. We finally got her to tell us what happened. There was a face in her window. Not just a face, but somebody in black with their hands and face pressed against her basement bedroom window. You know the kind... where they have to climb down into it and look in. She was completely freaked out.
Thayne and Jace immediately grabbed flashlights and ran outside. I was in front as they ran around the back but nobody was there. Thayne is barefoot and still headed down the road to where I could hear neighbor kids and a bunch of their friends. By the time Thayne got there it was silent and no kids were to be seen. But I had heard them and knew who it was. Jace drove around the road behind our house. The only problem was, there was an incident at work that left Thayne a little bit freaked out and we decided since no kids were around that we better call the police in case this had anything to do with the incident. By now Thayne is just MAD. Don't mess with his family. This isn't just an innocent prank. What they did was against the law! So he walked down to the house and this time found about a dozen kids (all kids of our friends) and he let them know that what happened was not okay. They admitted it was them and came down to apologize. Thayne talked to the dad, who was fuming too. I almost feel sorry for what they will be facing when they get home. The deputy also found them and took names, birthdays and phone numbers and let them know that they were hitting curfew and they BETTER not be out past then. Hmmmmm... just goes to show that smart kids can turn really stupid when they don't take time to think about their actions. Well, isn't that true for adults too!!!???!!!
Let's just say that there are a lot of sleeping bags upstairs tonight!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment