I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Dying Eggs...

We got around to dying eggs this year... it's fun, but not one of my most favorite activities because well... it usually involves HUGE messes! This year was no different. We put it off the evening we had planned on doing it, with the promise of doing it the next morning. First thing. 8 am! I should have known that at least one of the children would count down the seconds until 8am. It was spring break, what was I thinking????

7:42 am Kami told me I had 18 minutes until it was time!

8:01 am Nate told me I was one minute late and I needed to get going!

8:03 am we started....

I think that we ended up doing 6 dozen eggs. Not too bad. They had a blast and even helped cleaned up the messes... and there were SEVERAL messes. Only a couple of cups of dye dumped over, and Nate's hands were covered! And YES we do wear Sponge Bob pajama tops and Cars bottoms.

Noah's first dye job!





It really wasn't horrible to get it off his hands... really it wasn't! It's actually quite amazing that his OCD allows him to get this way!







Hi Kalli!!!

This is how Kassi enjoys the experience! Poor girl, works too hard and is too tired to enjoy the fun! :)









For the first time we didn't run out of eggs before everyone was satisfied...



No... Kailee didn't really do this, she was just taking credit for the picture!



No comments: