I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Monday, April 23, 2012

Living My Dream, part 2...

I was thinking about 26 years ago, telling Thayne that I wanted to have a dozen of his babies.  Of course when we made it to a dozen it just simply didn't seem like that was nearly enough... but even though I always knew I wanted a dozen babies, and even though Thayne agreed with having them, because he wanted a big family too... I wonder what our 18, and 20 year old selves would have said if we were told that 26 years later we would be sitting in the park holding our 3 grandsons.  (I tease that I would probably say, "What???  We only have 3 grandsons???"  but I'm just teasing!)  I have to say that every time we had a new baby, my heart grew more in love with Thayne than it was before!  And that is something that I didn't believe was possible.  Every time I saw him take our newborn child in his arms... I was gone.  A smushy, mushy mess in love with the man who could continue to fall in love with our babies.  Almost as amazing is seeing him hold his grandchildren for the first time.  He loves to tease Gabe.. but when it comes right down to it, he would give Gabe the world.  And to watch him warn up to each new baby... yeah, that's the reason my heart still goes pitter patter.  Having a lot of kids isn't always a blessing to other people.  I can tell you that at our house, these babies are a blessing in a million little ways!
And then of course, Nate just cannot stand missing out on the hugging time so he snuck his little self oer to get in on the hugging scene!  He loves his dad and he loves his Gabe so haven't to stand here and not jump in on the action!  What's one more when you have an amazing group like this!!!  Love keeps multiplying and I am loving these beautiful little faces to love!

3 comments:

Brenda G said...

You two are adorable and there is a reason the good Lord gave you so many babies. You are amazing parents and inspire the rest of us.

By the way, you two look much too young to have three grandchildren!

Enjoy those sweet blessings! They are all so lucky to have the two of you.

Vickie said...

Awesome!!!

Lisa said...

LOVE this! :)