I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

15 months

I don't know why I don't have a better picture,
because this is exciting news!
But, FINALLY, finally
at just under 15 months,
this sweet boy has decided to walk!
His birthday rolled around,
and he had absolutely NO desire to stand on two feet.
We would hold him up and try to convince him it was awesome to walk,
and that he should try it sometime.
Instead, he would arch his back and refuse to even attempt it.
We bribed him.
We cheered for him.
He would bang his head on the ground
(he bangs his head on the tile... an act of defiance???)
and chew us out in his baby talk!
And then one day...
just a few days ago,
he took off.
Our late bloomer has finally figured it out.
Or maybe,
he had it figured out all along
and was just playing us!
 
This little boy is amazing.
He is hard headed, determined, stubborn as could be.
But I LOVE him like crazy
and look at him in amazement every. single. day!
For the past couple of months
we have struggled with keeping him healthy.
He started out with an ear infection.
Days after finishing the meds he was extremely sick again.
Took him in on a Saturday and the dr barely looked in the ear
and told us he had another ear infection.
I had told the doctor that his throat was REALLY red and sore
and that he was coughing.
He told me his lungs were fine.
Honestly, he spent less than 3 seconds listening to his lungs...
but he gave him another antibiotic and I was hoping it would work.
9 days later,
he tested positive for strep.
Positive after 9 more days of antibiotics,
for the second time in less than a month.
The x-ray also showed his lungs were suspicious for a viral infection...
they thought! (?!?)
They gave him a shot and started him on another antibiotic
and told me his tonsils were really pitted and would need to come out
sooner rather than later!
I don't know why I thought he would be different than the other 15.
 
I admit,
I was getting scared.
He was starting to behave a lot like Nate did when he was so sick.
SCARED, probably isn't a strong enough word.
I was on the verge of panic.
He also had 4 molars coming in that wouldn't completely cut through...
he was a miserable baby boy.
But my sweet boy is back. 
Healthy for the time being.
And walking!
He loves to show off now.
Before, he wouldn't walk because he had everyone at his beck and call.
He finally realized that everyone is STILL at his beck and call
only they clap and cheer for him every time he stands up and walks away!
 
Happy 15 months baby boy...
15 months of pure joy being your mom.
I love you little man!!!

No comments: