I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Put me in coach....

My update on Thayne's new career is yet another theme song...
I can't help it.
Every day when he tells me about his new life
I hear the words
"Put me in coach, I'm ready to play, today!"
He LOVES his new job.
Except he doesn't know how to sit still.
He doesn't. 
He can't!
It makes him crazy,
and he feels like he should be doing so much more than he is.
The problem is mostly about getting done what needs to be done,
before he can go out on his own.
There are certain requirements for him
to be able to go to each mine site.
It's just a matter of time!
Until then he is at the mercy of someone else.
He said there is so much ready to take off...
and he is just waiting to be a part of it.
It's exciting. 
But he wants to get on with it NOW!
 
The strange thing is that it seems like he has been doing this forever.
But it's only been a couple of weeks.
His new schedule is...
well...
it's strangely amazing,
and I tease him that it's somewhat obnoxious.
I am used to him working Monday through Thursday.
He got up at 3am.
Came home around 6pm.
It's what he did.
Usually he was on the phone with work when he walked in the door.
And it was stressful.
I could see it on his face.
He looked like the weight of the world was on his shoulders.
He doesn't look like that now.
He looks relaxed.
He looks really, really happy.
He is excited about the possibilities.
 
He has gone out to the mine several times.
The first time he went, I asked him how he felt being back there.
He said,
"I feel GREAT!"
He felt GREAT because he got to leave...
leave without the stress that had been his life the past several years.
He said he is happy.
Which makes me happy.
Although it still seems so weird that he is doing something different.
But it's good to see him so excited!
So relaxed.
And I will just have to get used to going to get a hot chocolate
with him before he goes to work...
and him taking me to lunch...
and showing up before the kids get home from school...
and leaving after they leave for school...
and well...
he may end up busier than he was before...
but it will be in a much better way.
Without the weight of the world on his shoulders.
In an environment that is good,
and where he is happy and excited to see how high he can fly!
 
So put him in coach...
he's ready to play!!!
 
 

No comments: