I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I AM happy... thank you very much! :)

I have had the strangest experiences lately.  It hasn't been just one or two, but several, and I don't know exactly what to think of it. 

A couple of weeks ago I was dropping off Nate at preschool and one of the other mom's commented that she could not believe I had 16 kids and she couldn't believe that I looked so, well, rested, happy, not worn down.  Um, okay, THANK YOU!  No really, thank you because that is awesome!  I am happy, thank you!!!

And over the weekend, Kailee and I were able to run away to Time Out For Women in Salt Lake.  I was at the Heritage Makers booth because I had met one of the consultants a couple of years ago and told her I was coming to sign up.  She introduced me to another consultant and told her how many kids I have.  She commented that I look, well... happy!  Not haggard, but happy!  I know she kind of felt like she had put her foot in her mouth (and I promise she didn't, I didn't take offense, I get the whole shocked look when people find out that I have actually given birth to 16 children).  She said that sometimes moms look tired, stressed maybe... something!   I told her with a smile that I AM happy!  Thank you!!!

Yesterday, I went in to pick up Nate.  He had pulled out a puzzle that Kailee told him he would have to put back together before he left.  Because we were needing to get Nate from preschool, to his other class for speech therapy, I got down on the floor with Kailee to help her finish it (because you know, Nate is rotten and decided he was just too exhausted to finish it, Monday's are his busy, tiring day, or so he tells us!).  One of the teachers laughed that Nate took the puzzle apart but mom and sister were putting it back together.  Another lady said, "Wait, you are the... mom?  I thought you were another sister."  Oh I love people like that!  And I promise that I don't look young enough to be her sister... but here's the problem.  People think that because I have 16 kids I should look... old... haggard... tired... unhappy!  I know people don't mean it to be rude, or mean or anything.  I just think it is interesting that lots of kids should equal a mom who doesn't care about herself, or looks unhappy, or something.

I LOVE being a mom to a big, crazy family!  It DOES make me happy, thankyouverymuch!  It gives me a million reasons to smile, to laugh, to enjoy life.  It IS life, it's MY life and I love it!

But thanks for the compliments... I will gladly be Kailee's sister!!!!

No comments: