We never really got used to Hawaii time...
Which wasn't a bad thing because it gave us more time
to enjoy the absolutely beautiful sunrises.
The first morning I woke up at about 4:30am.
I kept telling myself to just go back to sleep,
until I realized I was IN HAWAII!
And we were only a block away from the beach...
And we could watch the sunrise!!!
It was the most amazing, beautiful morning.
It was so peaceful.
A cute old man sat fishing on the dock.
He didn't speak English, so we didn't understand what kind of fish
he was catching.
But he looked like he knew what he was doing.
There were several others out with us,
watching as the sun came up,
and the surfers coming in with the tide.
We finally decided it was time to get something to eat.
Thayne joked that he had seen an IHOP and asked if I wanted pancakes.
I told him yes...
Because I had seen a cute little place called Eggs and Things.
If there is something I miss the most about Hawaii...
It's THAT place, and THOSE pancakes!
Okay,
I miss the beach, sand, sun and water...
but THOSE pancakes were something SO wonderful!
We ended up going back there every single morning except one.
Funny that I lost 2 lbs eating like that on vacation!!!
I'm sure the miles we hiked didn't hurt.
It's a great trade.
Eat amazing pancakes drenched in coconut syrup every morning,
hike up beautiful trails and see amazing scenery,
and lose weight!
What a way to start out the day!

No comments:
Post a Comment