I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Win, Lose or Draw...

We did this!
A dream my dad and I always talked about...
Going to a Cowboys game.
From the time I was a baby,
I watched the Cowboys with my dad.
The first year, I would sleep on his chest as he cheered on his team.
It really didn't matter if they won, or if they lost.
We liked it better if we won,
but he always said it was the Cowboys, win, lose or draw.
Willie kept telling me we should just go to the game.
An impossible dream.
Jace started looking into it and told me that it really wasn't impossible,
that in fact, we could make it possible.
One day, the idea was just a dream.
The next day, we had flights planned and tickets bought
and I was trying to find clothing that would keep me warm enough to handle
being in the wayyyyyyyy below zero temps that were happening in Wisconsin.
 
We flew in to Minneapolis late Saturday evening.
Stayed up all night visiting my brother and sister in law.
Left at a ridiculously early hour Sunday morning.
Drove to Green Bay.
Stood for the entire four hours we were in the stadium.
Because you cannot sit down during a play off game.
Especially when that game was between the Cowboys and the Packers.
Drove back to Minneapolis.
Stayed up the rest of the night visiting with Shiloh and Joy again,
and left at an even more ridiculously early hour
to catch our flight home.
Who needs sleep anyway?
It's overrated!!!
You can always sleep...
but you can't always make memories like this!
 
They lost..
They were ROBBED.
Even the really obnoxious Packers fans in front of us said that it was a catch...
But it really didn't matter.
It was the experience.
It was the game.
It was being there with my Cowboy's loving sons,
and with my dad in my heart.
This memory was for you Dad.
I hope you got to be there with us!!!!
 


No comments: