There are some days when you feel like you want to just climb back in bed and start the whole day over.... like today!
I'm pretty sure the day started at 1:30am when Nate woke me up jerking my hand, stomping his foot and demanding, "MOM!!!" To which I stumbed out of bed to be taken to the kitchen, fridge opened and he hands me a Pediasure. No doubt he was starving since he had been so sick yesterday. I didn't really go back to sleep after that and just dozed until I really had to get up. That's where the fun began...
I had been asked to take dinner to a lady at church so I got the crock pot down and threw in all but one of the roasts I had bought because I decided to cook their meal in the oven. But decided to get ready to go first and get Nate ready to go, he had a doctor appointment early. Then got a call from Kailee saying that I needed to bring another key because the key she had wasn't opening the video store. Left to get to the store and found that none of the keys worked... the lock was jammed or something! But we had to run to the doctor. Got there and Nate was a bit scared thinking he was going to get another shot but we convinced him it was okay and the appointment went much better. Dr H said she was ready to admit him yesterday and was afraid he would be worse but thankfully he had improved a tiny bit (we had so many people praying for him I am not sure he could have done anything other than improve!!!) and that the pneumonia was breaking up, but that he is still a very sick little boy! Headed back out to the video store... went to ask the video owner if they happened to have a key to the back door... nope, they didn't. So we called one locksmith and got no answer. Called another and well.... let's just say that after much wait and stress the man left the door exactly how we found it this morning... thank heavens! His idea was not to actually FIX it, but to drill a hole in the door and break in! I came home because I had to get the dinner going and get Nate his medicine and breathing treatment and get a couple phone calls made and get things ready before I go to work at Curves. Thankfully Kailee was able to get in touch with the other locksmith and Kimi and Kassi were able to meet him over at the store and get it taken care of and oh MY, he was able to do it without drilling a hole in the door!!! :) I got the dishes done and a couple of loads of laundry finished and cleaned up a little bit and then got to work right on time!!! Kept busy there but thankfully was able to close a few minutes early since everyone had left and I got home exhausted and ready for bed... except the house was insane because Kimi was all wound up and H.A.P.P.Y because Matt is coming tomorrow. It's finally time for bed and I really need to sleep since I open tomorrow but now I am exhausted, but not really tired! Love days like this!!!
2 comments:
Goodness, you need a meal! I hope Nate is better soon. Sheesh!
In other news... I've had fun thumbing through your posts and get to know your family a little better. So, so sweet. Do you mind if I add you to my bloglist?
Glad Nate is a bit better and didn't get admitted. Been praying for you all... I "know" you for large family board on babycenter. :) I also have a "Nate" (Nathan) who has had multiple medical issues.
Blessings, Kari
Post a Comment