I love being a mom to these amazing people... I joke that I can never take credit for them being good because I am not going to take credit for them being bad... but honestly I am in awe of the amazing spirits they were blessed with. Yesterday I went with Kailee, Kassi and Kinzee to the young women's broadcast. As I listened to the talks, I thought of what amazing young women these girls are. They do arise and shine forth and stand firm in the things they believe. They don't feel the need to fit in. Instead they accept everyone, without judgment. They love to pull anyone and everyone into their circle and they love unconditionally. The light of the Savior truly does shine in them. Recently Kassi asked a girl in school who claims to be one thing, but acts a completely different way why she felt the need to criticize and cut everyone down behind their back. This girl had hurt a lot of people and Kassi wanted to know why! This girl then told her that she didn't realize that was what she did and that she would try to change. I am grateful that they don't feel the need to fit in with the crowds, or have to change who they are to accepted. They are who they are, they do not sway with the wind and they are beautiful inside and out because they know who they are and what they believe! After the broadcast we went to dinner with Shelly and Bri and had a great time.
Last night we went cosmic bowling with most of the older kids and several of their friends. Kimi, Matt, Tanner, Kailee, Kassi, Kinzee, Willie, Tiffany, and their friends Bri, Tanner and Kenah. It was so much fun laughing and dancing and bowling and talking. It is such a blessing to be a part of their lives. It is such a blessing to have a relationship where they insist that we go with them! I imagined when I dreamed of having this family that it would be like this and I am so grateful that the dream has become a reality. I love having a houseful of people, laughing, talking, teasing and playing together. It is a blessing to have them just hanging out. It's fun to have Matt come over on the weekends and when Jace and Caitlyn and Tiffany and Garrett are here hanging out. I love to hear them laughing and interacting and you can truly feel love... it's something alive, and something very real! It is a blessing when they figure out that the things that you have taught them their whole lives really are true and when they want to be what they were raised to be! I know that we will have hard times and that life won't always be smooth but I am grateful to know that we will always have each other to lean on and that we can always count on our family to get us through!!!
So today, I count my blessings and find joy in the little things, like everyone hanging around in the kitchen and laughing and teasing while breakfast was made this morning... I am grateful to watch our family growing, seeing the kids find the love and joy that Thayne and I still feel and to see the joy on their faces as they find the things that matter most in their own lives!
No comments:
Post a Comment