Thayne and I met Ed and Talitha in Salt Lake and it was so much fun!!! Who would have thought that a friendship started on the internet around 9 years ago would turn into something so wonderful! Talitha and I always laugh when people ask us how we met... and the kids were so funny when I told them we were stopping to visit a friend that I hadn't actually met in real life. It's still a big joke that mom let them stop at some lady's house to eat her food and play with her kids. But oh how glad I am that we did!!! That visit was the start of many and it is so fun to watch our kids hang out together and become friends also. She tells me that the kids that come to visit when I go see her get into her heart... but it is the same for me. Her kids feel like they could be my kids too and that is why sharing Bri's wedding was so wonderful. So having the opportunity to have Thayne and Ed get to know each other better was amazing! I knew that they would hit it off because they have so many of the same great qualities and a whole lot in common. And it was fun to see Thayne open and laughing and having a good time! We joke that the reason they would get along so well is because they both don't like people! :) Of course they do, but usually it's a little harder for Thayne to open up... but it wasn't with Ed and Talitha! It was so nice to have nothing to do but hang out. Walking around downtown Salt Lake on a beautiful afternoon, laughing and talking was just what we needed! I hope we get to get together again soon!!!
After Talitha and Ed got on the road we were able to get to the temple and then shopping for the weddings! It started raining cats and dogs but we were hungry and The Cheesecake Factory was calling our name so we ran through the parking lot with rain pounding down. The water was only ankle deep so we were okay... wet, but the food was delicious so it was worth it. We found dresses for the little girls, a dress for me and pants for some of the boys. Yes, we are going to pull these weddings off... we will!!!
Thanks for the fun get away Talitha!!! I can't wait to do it again!
1 comment:
We had such a great time, too! Ed just told me last night that he really likes Thayne and really hopes that we both follow through on our plans to visit each other!!
You're the best!!
Post a Comment