I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day...

I love to honor the 2 most important men in my life. They are both so amazing and both such a blessing to me and to my family.

To the man who loved me first... who was my cheerleader in everything I did... I can remember him being there for our basketball games, cheering us on, giving instruction, sharing the excitement of the game. His presence meant so much to me. He taught me to laugh, and to just keep going no matter what. He honored my mom, no matter what, and always taught me that a woman should be on a pedestal and he never understood why a woman would want to step off that pedestal to be like a man... he taught me that while there are differences between a man and a woman, the men were the ones that needed to work harder to be better... to measure up and be all that they should be for the women in their lives. He taught me to pray... and that prayer would carry you through anything. How many early mornings did I walk past his door to get ready for early morning seminary and see him kneeling at his bed saying his prayers. He showed me the truth in the words that a man is never so tall as when he is on his knees. He made mistakes but worked hard to move beyond them... and still does. I thank him for the man that he is, and for all that he taught me and helped me become!

And for the man who is my everything... the father of my babies. There just aren't words adequate enough to describe the love I feel for him. He is like breathing... I don't know where he ends and I begin. It is so amazing to me to be married to someone who knows me so well... who is my other half. To become one is the goal of marriage and I can honestly say that we have found that. We just like being together and if given the opportunity would spend every minute together. That is a good place to be. We have the fairy tale yet know that in order to keep the fairy tale we have to work hard at it. The effort is worth it. He is a dad that any kid would be glad to have as theirs. He adores his kids and it is very apparent that we are his everything. We are a bad team when it comes to the kids because we are both too soft even when we tell ourselves we are going to be firm! But he is the greatest example of how a father should be... he loves them... and they know it, feel it and love him back!

So today I found myself so grateful for the two dads that have blessed my life so much. And I watch Garrett as a dad and realize that he is the same kind of dad. He adores his baby, he adores being a dad and he will be able to carry on and give his children the same kind of love... the love of a dad!

Happy Father's Day... I love you guys so much!

No comments: