I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Jace and Caitlyn.... Mr and Mrs

The wedding was beautiful and the day was perfect despite a few little things... like the weather! We worried about how the weather would be when the day started with strong winds and rain. We started praying really hard that it would clear up enough to be able to enjoy this special day. Thankfully those prayers were answered and by the end of the night it was actually warmer than it was earlier in the afternoon. It turned out to be an all around wonderful day!

Jace spoke during the reception of how Caitlyn became such a huge part of his life after his best friend had committed suicide and how she gave him a reason to live until he found that reason again on his own. She was his best friend and she has stood beside him through all of the good and all of the bad. They have created a foundation that many never achieve... they have a solid base to start this marriage and their love is one of those special things that true love stories are made of. She is a beautiful young woman and we feel so blessed to have her become an official member of our family.

Jace is a wonderful son. The kind of young man that anyone would be proud to call their son. He is a protector, a friend.... the morning of his wedding he showed up at 6am to finish digging the trench we needed to finish a new leech line because he knew it needed to be done. That is how he has always been. He gives... he serves... and he loves his family. And on his wedding day, I was so grateful to see that while he has walked through struggles, he was so happy and so content with life and he even made us laugh as he put on quite the show removing the garter!!!

Cait's parents are wonderful. They put on a beautiful wedding and I am so happy that they got this wonderful day full of memories of their daughter getting married. I look forward to them going to the temple after Caitlyn has been a member a year... but this day was wonderful and I am not sure that anything could have made it better! We had so many wonderful friends come out to support us. Thayne and I have talked about how blessed we are to have friends become family to us and bless our lives in so many ways. They say blood is thicker than water, but we can honestly say that we have the most wonderful friends that are truly our family. They support us and our children and we know that no matter what is going on in our life, they are the ones that will be there for us!

The mother/son dance is one of those moments in a mother's life that will forever be on my heart. The song was perfect. He told me he couldn't look at me because he would cry... but we both had tears and that was okay! I wanted him to know what a blessing he is to me and that I am so grateful to be his mom. I told him to cherish his wife and always treat her like she is his everything. But then he has had a great example because he has watched his dad and he has that sweet spirit like his dad has, where he tries really hard to be tough, but underneath he is so kind and loving and he protects those that he loves!

Thayne and I had a special dance in honor of our anniversary. Feels So Right by Alabama! It was the song that came on during our first date when he told me he wanted to marry him. I guess I shouldn't be amazed but sometimes when I look at Thayne it takes my breath away and I am taken back to the moment I knew I wanted to spend the rest of forever with him. As we looked at our kids, the children that are the result of the love that we share, it felt like our hearts were going to explode... overflow with the love and joy that we have in our family! This day was wonderful... I am so happy to welcome sweet Caitlyn into our family officially. It just wouldn't be right if it were any other way!

Sweet Kalli excited for the wedding...
Silly girls... Kami was having a moment too... sheesh! I guess the chance of having all of them happy at the same time is a whole lot to ask for!

My girls... oh how I adore these girls! They are amazing!



And my boys... each so unique and each so amazing.... I could never have dreamed this life... but it is oh so much more than I could have ever asked for!



Shalum, Jace and Cory.... both have been such a huge part of Jace's life!

Some handsome men ready for a wedding... Shalum, Jace, Cory, Garrett and Matt!

Jace took time out to play with Gabe...

Don't eat the baby!!!

Sweet Gabe posing for Grandma...

Handsome boys... and Tallin already looking like a missionary in his new black suit!

Just killing time!
Pretty Kassi and Handsome Wyatt ready for the wedding!

Rich (Cait's dad) showing off the pillows the ring bearers will carry!





So grateful my parents were able to share the day with us. I know how much pain my dad is in and I know it was a sacrifice to be here but it meant so much!

Heather and Stetson are newlyweds themselves!
Trying to organize us... kind of like working with the monkeys in the zoo maybe??? Notice the monkey in the tree!

It was FREEZING! And Kara and Heather found a very interesting way to keep warm!


So excited... waiting for his bride!!!
This moment brought tears to my eyes. I watched his face the moment I knew he would be seeing Caitlyn coming towards him... they have gone through so much, they have experienced trials that have tested their faith and times when the pain seemed too much to handle, and yet they have always stayed the best of friends.... I saw that moment the same look on his face that I saw the day I married his dad.... like he could barely hold back the tears, and yet there was an absolute joy in the expression. It was so easy for the years to disappear and I felt the love I felt for his dad the day we got married, and now to see him watching her with that same look just makes me so happy because I know that they have a love that can carry them through the best and the worst that life has to offer and that they will lean on each other and continue to be the best of friends through it all!

My little Bummyt looking handsome...
Nate was not sure that he liked everyone staring at him and stopped to look around a couple of times. He also stopped to pose for a couple of pictures but in the end he did just what he was supposed to do and looked adorable doing it! Kami loved being a flower girl and looked so sweet.
Caitlyn and her dad... right before we all started lining up he was looking like he might cry. I told him not to think of it as losing a daughter but that he was gaining a son! He started laughing and said, "Thanks for that!"
So sweet watching them together.... I love this picture because the joy is so apparent on Jace's face!






Kailee and Kimi doing their part....







First kiss as husband and wife.... and may they have a long and happy life together!




These two are so cute together... they have a great foundation for marriage... they are friends, and they love to hang out together!

The cake tasted YUMMY!


The dance ended up being so much fun. We danced and laughed and danced some more. It was so fun watching the kids have such a blast and we all danced until we were dripping with sweat! The best was watching the big brothers dance with the little ones... This was such a precious picture of Tallin dancing with Kami. Jace and Tanner did the same thing, dancing with the little ones. The little boys told Thayne driving home that it was the best night dancing with us! It just couldn't have been more perfect!


Thayne asked Garrett why he wasn't out there dancing with his wife and he said he had Gabe. Thayne told him not to waste a second of such a wonderful experience and that Gabe would fit perfectly between them. When we danced by them Thayne told Garrett, "See, that baby fits perfectly between you two!" Gabe loved the whole experience and spent his time staring at the lights and watching everyone around him!
So much fun... we just got on the dance floor and DANCED!!! It didn't matter how well we danced, we were just dancing and having a blast!









1 comment:

gretchen said...

Beautiful wedding, beautiful family!