I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Saturday, June 19, 2010

A payday moment...

There are moments in parenting that you are certain you are the worst parent alive... you are sure you will not only embarrass or humiliate your children but that you will likely mess up their eternal progression also! Those moments often leave a parent with sleepless nights and knots of worry in their neck! But then there are moments like yesterday.... those pay offs... pay day for all of those sleepless nights... moments when you feel like your heart is surely going to burst right out of your chest because it simply isn't possible to contain that much joy! Where you memorize every second of the time to bring up when things aren't going so well... where you see everything, and remember it, like a snapshot on your heart and wonder who these incredible people are that you call your children. Yes, that was pretty much how my entire day was yesterday.

Kimi and Tallin were both going through the temple. Could there be anything more special than a brother and sister both experiencing something wonderful and able to be there together. This is something I have waited my whole adult life for... to see more of my children receive the most amazing blessings that come from the temple, and that two of them were there, for very different but both so wonderful reasons. The greatest part is that my parents came and my dad got to be with Thayne, Tallin and Matt for the instructions they receive before the endowment session, and that my mom got to share it with Kimi and me. And then to have Garrettt and Tiffany, my aunt Shirley, my cousin Lisa and Tracy, Buffy and 2 sweet amazing ladies from our ward share the day also... yep, that is enough to make it seem like we had a little bit of heaven on earth that day! Garrett and Tiffany got to be the witness couple which meant I had Tiffany on one side of me and Kimi on the other and I felt absolute joy! It was so beautiful. To see the look on their faces, to see the joy and the wonder and the excitement they felt was amazing. I look forward to many more moments like that... and seeing how wonderful it was with just 3 of my children in the temple... I cannot wait to have all of them in there one day with me! Yes....this is a payday moment. A moment when you smile and take it all in and remember that while we are just going through everyday life, living the best we can and sometimes stumbling in the muck and mire it will give us hope to keep going with the expectation of more moments like this! I know that next week, when Kimi and Matt are sealed for time and all eternity it will be another one of those moments... but for now that was enough... to see heaven in the faces of my children and know that they are just beginning to understand the wonder and joy of it all!!!

Kimi and Matt... one week until they are Mr and Mrs!!! What would we ever do without these two. They have been our dearest friends through thick and thin... the first to call when life is good or life is bad, and the first to celebrate with us, or cry with us but always WITH us as we go through it! We went over to Salt Lake the night before with Tracy and Buffy and had so much fun... it is wonderful to have friends that you can laugh yourself silly with over the craziest things!
Outside of the Bountiful Temple... and the Temple President told us that his brother is the Area Authority over where Tallin will be serving his mission! How awesome is that???
I warned him I would blog this!!!
Lisa and Aunt Shirley... so grateful they came and shared this day with us...it was so fun visiting with them at lunch after. Made me remember how much I loved being around them and how much I miss them because we see each other so rarely!
I told Shirley to freeze so I could take her picture... she did!
Matt and Tallin enjoying the sunshine after such a wonderful experience in the temple!

No comments: