This was a big day for Nate... exciting for him. Not so much for the rest of us who are having some serious (okay, only a little bit serious, haha) issues. Jace has said that Nate is NOT going to school. Nate of course told him that yes, he had to. I teared up the day I took him for the speech testing that they needed to do. He 'graduated' from the early childhood speech where the wonderful teachers came to the house, and now he goes to the school 2 days a week. We had to get him a back pack which he thought was just too awesome! The older kids have been saying that it isn't okay to send him to school but really, as sad as it makes me I know that he is going to thrive and that he needs to continue in speech therapy so he will be caught up and on target for kindergarten. A couple of his teachers are the ones that helped Kimi when she was in kindergarten and who know our family really well so it's not like we are sending him off to some strange place. I guess it is just as Jace put it... "It's NATE, nobody will appreciate him like we do!!!" I told Jill that and she laughed and said that they certainly would appreciate him, that they love our family!
Nate was a little character today. He got up so happy and was running through the house teasing me this morning and then would run to his daddy to 'hide' from me! We stopped and bought him a backpack before we dropped him off at school and he gladly got out of the van and walked happily to class. He hung up his coat, hat and backpack and was sitting on the floor waving goodbye to me without batting an eye. I admit, a tear or two escaped. I can't believe how I felt like I was leaving a little piece of my heart in that room. He was thrilled, and I am happy that he will thrive and have fun, and it is only 2 times a week... I can do this right????!!!!
Aw, sweet Nate, he loves life! And we love him!!!
He thinks he is hiding from me... I chased him around the kitchen, through his room and he jumped on his dad and 'hid'....
He has a slight obsession with lining things up... mostly his cars!
Showing off telling me 'ha ha mommy'....
Out of the car and ready to go....
Walking into the school, he's ready to go!
I asked if he was excited and he said, "Yes!" but I am holding back tears! It's kind of ridiculous on my part!
Just too cute... I know, we are prejudice but he just has our hearts!!!
Hanging up his coat, hat and backpack... teacher Jill is going to take great care of him!


Jill is truly an awesome woman! She has helped so many of my kids and is so good to our family and has been very sweet about Nate starting school! She promised me she would take great care of him and then insisted that she got a picture with me on Nate's first big day. You can't even see the tears here! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment